Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Default 86\'ed

foxwoods 4/8 limit hold em
One 75VPIP/15PFR type LAG, the rest of them "bet if it's good and call if it's got a chance"

Hero has 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in late middle position

2 limpers, Hero limps, CO (LAG-ish) limps, Button limps, SB completes, BB checks

7 to the flop
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 checks, EP bets, EMP folds, Hero calls, CO and BTN call, BB calls.

5 players to the turn (~6 BB)
3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, EP bets, Hero raises, folded to BB who 3-bets, EP folds, Hero
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: 86\'ed

call down
Old 06-01-2007, 10:06 AM

Yeah, there's nothing to do but call down here. I can't fold a flush for two more bets here.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:07 AM

You don't have the read to fold, flush over flush is rare, call down.

edited to add
Can't say I care for the pre-flop call, although I suppose there are going to be enough in to play it, and according to Tyler I've become, like, Son of Nitzilla.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 PM

*grunch*

a) I fold pre-flop
b) The bet is coming from my immediate right and there 5 players still in the pot - I call EP's turn bet in hopes of keeping people in the pot.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b) The bet is coming from my immediate right and there 5 players still in the pot - I call EP's turn bet in hopes of keeping people in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are the K,Q,J,T,and 9 of hearts still unaccounted for that have a redraw to a higher flush. Most of those may fold to the raise and the higher ones will call, giving me value on the raise. And a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] may just call too.

If the turn was the river, yeah I'd go for overcalls.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are the K,Q,J,T,and 9 of hearts still unaccounted for that have a redraw to a higher flush. Most of those may fold to the raise and the higher ones will call, giving me value on the raise. And a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] may just call too.

If the turn was the river, yeah I'd go for overcalls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is BB the lagtard. It not, I think that there is a pretty good chance that you are beat. If that is the case, you prob have to call down because he could have set/lower flush often enough, but you lose more money be putting more bets in than protecting your hand the times you are good.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is BB the lagtard. It not, I think that there is a pretty good chance that you are beat. If that is the case, you prob have to call down because he could have set/lower flush often enough, but you lose more money be putting more bets in than protecting your hand the times you are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, Lagtard folded. BB check/called flop and check/3-bet the turn. EP (flop and turn lead bettor) bulletmucked after my raise and BB's trey.

Does anyone else not raise the turn the first time, with a baby flush when having the opportunity to protect/extract value from 2pairs, sets, and flushdraws?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:32 PM

The 9 of hearts came out on the flop and I doubt you are getting people to fold the J, Q or K of hearts.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
foxwoods 4/8 limit hold em
One 75VPIP/15PFR type LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

uh is this the guy who check/3-bet? if so i cap here and then call a river donk (otherwise betting if checked to). Can't fold, regardless.

Buzz