Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: 500k VPP mark reached

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can make over a million a year stress free doing what I love (watching tv).

[/ QUOTE ]

would you be interested in a prop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I don't want to wait a full year for a bet so here is what I propose: if you earn over 83k in a month playing SNGs, I ship $1600. If you don't, you ship me $1600. For as long as you want. Results to be verified by Sharkscope. If anyone else has any suggestions for this bet, gogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

but cmon thats unfair, because fpps are a signifigant portion of his profits.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:00 AM

i never said i was going to make 1million playing sngs. I also make significant amounts of money playing mtts and plo, all while comfortably watching tv. If you give me 2.1 cents per FPP then I'll probly take you up on your bet when I get back from Monte Caro. Your a pretty big dog though, just to let you know. Let me know if youd like to up the bet, I'll go as high as 50k.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i never said i was going to make 1million playing sngs. I also make significant amounts of money playing mtts and plo, all while comfortably watching tv. If you give me 2.1 cents per FPP then I'll probly take you up on your bet when I get back from Monte Caro. Your a pretty big dog though, just to let you know. Let me know if youd like to up the bet, I'll go as high as 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound pretty confident. What odds would you give for SNGs & MTTs only?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:40 AM

I think it should be for SNGs only, with FPPs. A bet over a month that includes MTTs is silly.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:51 PM

suzzer,

that joe can run bad for a month (and 3k sngs) is also poor for him in this bet. over the course of a year, his results will tend to even out better than even over the semi-long term that is the joe-month.

this all being said, i don't think that it's true that joe intends to make $1mil in sng cashes this year, or wants anyone to believe that he is. however, he is going to probably do it when you include the fpp + sne bonuses, without even "trying that hard."

everything else being equal i must point out at this time that in no way does 2p2 support or validate any prop bets, and any negotiations, escorwing, etc, that are done are entirely up to the parties involved, but should be taken off this board if possible. feel free to post when you have an agreement on what your bet is, but it is fairly vital that this space is not used as a line setting device for internet wagers. again, no amount of "power" of any 2p2 representative of any type will be used to enforce any bet, and people who continue to negotiate wagers in this space will be punished.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:03 PM

you were the one that made the offer handsome, so I won't offer you any odds. And suzzer, I wasn't implying that the bet should include MTTs for the month, merely that when I made the million dollar statement I was including mtts and cash that I play and of course bonuses and whatever, however for the right compensation, and as long as I didn't travel too much during the month I am confident that I could make 83k playing just sngs alone. But whatever, bets like this never happen and I wouldn't do it for only 1600 dollars bc then if I felt like traveling I wouldn't be able to, and 1600 isn't worth it for me to "have" to be tied down for a month.