Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 PM

Default PPA President on Bloomberg

PPA President on Bloomberg
Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: PPA President on Bloomberg

"PPA does nothing" "PPA is a scam"

Time to put this [censored] to rest, this is just another example that they are out there fighting for us. They may not be the best at communicating to their members and followers but the facts are this, THEY ARE THE ONLY ORGANIZATION CURRENTLY WORKING FOR OUR CAUSE!

It is time for 2 + 2 to take whatever beef it has w/ bolcerek / PPA and put it behind because they are the only ones fighting for our cause right now.

2 + 2 not endorsing the PPA is a huge dissapointment.

Name one other organization working for us?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:24 AM

This was a solid segment. Although not the most comfortable public speaker, Michael made sure to get his bullet point talking points in this interview and did a good job representing us, I believe. He seemed more methodical in his delivery than in the past, which may be, in part, due to Bloomberg allowing the segment 4 full minutes +.

Les
Old 12-13-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a solid segment. Although not the most comfortable public speaker, Michael made sure to get his bullet point talking points in this interview and did a good job representing us

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a solid segment. Although not the most comfortable public speaker, Michael made sure to get his bullet point talking points in this interview and did a good job representing us, I believe. He seemed more methodical in his delivery than in the past, which may be, in part, due to Bloomberg allowing the segment 4 full minutes +.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. He did fairly well there, spoke clearly for the most part, and seemed to get his points across effectively.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"PPA does nothing" "PPA is a scam"

Time to put this [censored] to rest, this is just another example that they are out there fighting for us. They may not be the best at communicating to their members and followers but the facts are this, THEY ARE THE ONLY ORGANIZATION CURRENTLY WORKING FOR OUR CAUSE!

It is time for 2 + 2 to take whatever beef it has w/ bolcerek / PPA and put it behind because they are the only ones fighting for our cause right now.

2 + 2 not endorsing the PPA is a huge dissapointment.

Name one other organization working for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Has two plus two gone to Washington and actually tried talking some sense into congressmen? No. All they do is sit back and critizice everyone who tries to do anything. Two plus two is a joke just created to sell books and everyone in the poker community who isn't a two plus two lapdog knows it.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has two plus two gone to Washington and actually tried talking some sense into congressmen? No. All they do is sit back and critizice everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you find out when you spoke to the congressmen?

I hope you're posting the same thing on the Full Contact Poker boards and Poker Tracker forums as well since they have just as much of a responsibility as 2+2.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 AM

Yep, I believe 2+2 shotty due diligence work did nothing but hurt the cause of poker players.

As someone posted yesterday, it just takes a little research to see the PPA gave $220,000 in 2005 to lobbying groups. I don't think the 2006 numbers are out yet, but they will be even hirer than that.

Michael has been on TV numerous times and just yesterday he got 4mins on Bloomberg.

He's doing a good job and it completely pisses me off that 2+2 has it's attorney's go to DC, which isn't even the PPA main office morons!, and try to do an investigation. They don't even speak to Michael B, get a statement from some temp secretary that people from the PPA are rarely there, then conclude 2+2 shouldn't support the PPA.

Complete BS, and I'd expect an appology once the truth comes out, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, I believe 2+2 shotty due diligence work did nothing but hurt the cause of poker players.

As someone posted yesterday, it just takes a little research to see the PPA gave $220,000 in 2005 to lobbying groups. I don't think the 2006 numbers are out yet, but they will be even higher than that.

Michael has been on TV numerous times and just yesterday he got 4mins on Bloomberg.

He's doing a good job and it completely pisses me off that 2+2 has it's attorney's go to DC, which isn't even the PPA main office morons!, and try to do an investigation. They don't even speak to Michael B, get a statement from some temp secretary that people from the PPA are rarely there, then conclude 2+2 shouldn't support the PPA.

Complete BS, and I'd expect an appology once the truth comes out, but I won't hold my breath.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2006, 10:25 AM

Who gives a rats azz if 2+2 supports the PPA or not? People can read the threads and decide for themselves. It is not like membership is going to shoot up to a million if mighty 2+2 doesn't endorse it. Mason can endorse anything he wants.