Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM

Default NL25 - TT - Don\'t know where i\'m at

This one was pretty weird.

Villain is TAG preflop, neutral postflop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($12.90)
Hero ($21.25)
UTG ($11.20)
Button ($31.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($15.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($23.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.10

Preflop: I´m raising for three reasons:

1. Button might be stealing. He is good enough to lay his hand down.

2. As he knows i am a TAG, he has to give credit to my reraise.

3. By flat calling i would be OOP.

Flop:

With a J as the only overcard to my TT i'm leading out, still representing QQ+. AK and AQ have missed the Flop, and for a solid player it is unlikely that he has called my reraise with AJ.

Turn:

When he calls my c-bet and another J shows on the turn, I'm slowing down. His $ 4 bet makes sense if he is playing JJ. He doesn't wanna lose me. However, as the FD missed, i feel obliged to call his bet.

River:

With an A showing up, this is an easy fold i think.

I'm looking for advice on all streets though.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: NL25 - TT - Don\'t know where i\'m at

I´m raising for three reasons:

1. Button might be stealing. He is good enough to lay his hand down. – Nothing wrong here. 4-handed, you’d be happy to take the pot down right now with TT.

2. As he knows I am a TAG, he has to give credit to my reraise. – You are playing micro stakes. It is a big mistake at these levels to assume that the other players are aware enough to know what you are doing.

3. By flat calling I would be OOP. Yes, and if any overs came you’d probably fold to any bet.

Flop:

With a J as the only overcard to my TT I’m leading out, still representing QQ+. AK and AQ have missed the Flop, and for a solid player it is unlikely that he has called my reraise with AJ. – Leading out is good, the call is worrisome.

Turn:

When he calls my c-bet and another J shows on the turn, I'm slowing down. His $ 4 bet makes sense if he is playing JJ. He doesn't wanna lose me. However, as the FD missed, I feel obliged to call his bet. – Spew of $4. If you do this a few more times, you are well on your way to a losing session. It sounds like he is drawing you into the pot and will try to extract as much as he can on the river.
River:

With an A showing up, this is an easy fold I think. – You called anyway. Hey, it’s not too late to fold. Make a note and move on.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:08 PM

Maybe he had AsKs.OOP is killer for the river card. He should be able to put you on a small range of hands at that point, and then it doesn't matter what he is holding.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:12 PM

Thoughts on leading the turn again for value and control? Smaller pocket pairs are probably still calling if you lead for 3/5 pot.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on leading the turn again for value and control? Smaller pocket pairs are probably still calling if you lead for 3/5 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be good but for the second J. Villain obviously isn't worried about it, so to me there is a good chance he either has a J in his hand or a higher pair. I'd agree though that out of the three options, a call is by far the worst. (It's amazing how often this turns out to be true).
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM

The second jack is a better than average card for us at it makes it less likely that villain has a jack (and more likely that he has a a lower pp, and it makes lower pps more likely to call another small control bet. Small pps have showdown value and are likely to check behind on the river allowing us to take down the pot.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The second jack is a better than average card for us at it makes it less likely that villain has a jack (and more likely that he has a a lower pp, and it makes lower pps more likely to call another small control bet. Small pps have showdown value and are likely to check behind on the river allowing us to take down the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only slightly more likely that villain has a worse PP.

Hero is ahead if villain has: 22,33,44,77,88,99.

Push at TT.

Hero is behind if villain has: 55,66,JJ,QQ,KK,AA.

Giving that JJ is less likely with that board, and 55 and 66 are slightly less likely with one of each out there, yes the odds are that if villain has a PP he is behind. It's just not as clear cut as you made it seem.

I have amended my original answer. OP, raise or fold, but never call here. Never, ever, ever.