Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: The Well: curtains 3/2/07

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, yes I did! Since you brought it up, I'll ask you here.

You said early on in this thread that you could tell a lot about a person's game by the posts they make. So I wanted to know what you thought about my game. We've actually only played together <10 times IIRC.

I originally PMd you so I wouldn't start a slough of "what do you think about me" type posts, but I did ask this same question in Pudge's thread, so let's see who gives the best answer...no fair peeking at his answer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest you could possibly the best SNG player that has ever graced our presence here on this forum. Your advice is always clearly the best, and I understand that you are incredibly good looking and get the ladies in droves.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Now your answer is better than Pudge's.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:28 PM

First orbit against an unknown. How would you have played this on all streets. What would you have done on the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($28.70)
BB ($31.60)
Hero ($25.15)
MP ($21.50)
CO ($24.55)
Button ($36.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero??
Old 03-22-2007, 11:30 PM

I'd call the river. I'd bet the turn against some moron at low stakes and probably fold to a check raise. But they call a lot so they could easily call you with some garbage ten or flush draw.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:29 AM

Are you sick of answering questions yet? Would you like this thread locked at some point?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sick of answering questions yet? Would you like this thread locked at some point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah just leave it. It's no longer a part-time job like it was early on, its only like a question every day or two now.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:56 AM

Curtains I have asked you questions in your well, are you afraid of asking me questions because you want to delay the invetiablity of my well crushing yours?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains I have asked you questions in your well, are you afraid of asking me questions because you want to delay the invetiablity of my well crushing yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did ask some questions in your well actually. They werent exceptionally serious but they garnered responses!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 AM

Curtains, I know you. We took a trip to Iceland together years ago. I would go into more detail but I don't want to tarnish your reputation.

Questions... umm... Why am I so stupid? Why is this my first post?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, I know you. We took a trip to Iceland together years ago. I would go into more detail but I don't want to tarnish your reputation.

Questions... umm... Why am I so stupid? Why is this my first post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. There were a lot of people who went to Iceland on that trip so it's difficult for me to give an accurate answer.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Curtains-

I've asked this question on the noob thread as well but figured I'd ask it here too, (Devin basically led me in the right direction.)

I suck when I'm "ITM"...i just don't feel comfortable playing in that phase of a tournament.. Preflop,Bubble time,..and even post-flop (I play a little cash too)..all fine..Once i get in the money; clueless..or just awkward..not nearly as confident about what decisions to make.

Anyway,..how would you go about improving your ITM (3-handed play)??..assuming your problem was a lot of 3rd place finishes..Was there something you read?..Did you practice playing HU?..

Also, although i do come in shortstacked often when ITM..not enough to account for the # of 3rd place finishes..I'm pretty sure i suck at HU. (sngpt HU tutorial..I'm looking into it)..

Nevertheless, I figured I'd ask you because you posted your finish distribution and had a nice ratio of 1/2/3 place finishes..that's all. Thanks for any help.

Also what countries have you been to? ..besides Iceland.