Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Best Atlantic City Saturday tournaments?

Anyone have an opinion as to the best choice for a Saturday (am or afternoon) poker tournament in AC?

From what I can tell from googling a bit, Showboat/Harrah's has an 85+15, Caesars has a $150+25, Tropicana $100+25, and Borgata has a $300+40.

All of these are within my price range so really just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which one is the best run, best structure, nicest room, weakest players etc. Overall just looking for a fun tournament with a decent structure. Had a hard time finding the structure info on any of the web sites (except Borgata).
Old 11-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Best Atlantic City Saturday tournaments?

Without a doubt, Borgata has the nicest room. Probably the best run tourney w/most competent dealers & floor. They also have best selection of cash games, so your loser buddies can play for a few hours while you work your magic to the final table.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:48 PM

True, Borgata has a nice room and a nice tournament, but at $300+$40 I think is over priced for 1 tournament, and you could play a full day of tournaments for that same $340.

I would recommend the Showboat Tournament at 11AM and 2PM. At $85+$15, the tournament structure is decent (20 minute levels, no antes) and in my opinion, the play is softer then Borgata.

Showboat Tournament Structure

I also recommend the Tropicana 7PM. At $85+$15, again, the structure is decent, and being the weekend and a decent buy-in, you get many "tourists". In my opinion, this tournament is soft as well.

Tropicana Tournament Structure

Nothing wrong with the Borgata tournament, I just think you can more value out of your $340 then just a single tournament.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM

i play in the saturday $340 tourney every time i go down there and i think its great - decent amount of regulars but good structure, definitely give it a shot one week
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the info all. Planning on going down this Sat, will either play the Showboat or Borgata. Any idea how many runners these tourneys usually get?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also recommend the Tropicana 7PM. At $85+$15, again, the structure is decent, and being the weekend and a decent buy-in, you get many "tourists". In my opinion, this tournament is soft as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played this one, but I know the final table was still going at 4am last Saturday night. If you play, be prepared for a long one (if you're lucky).
Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info all. Planning on going down this Sat, will either play the Showboat or Borgata. Any idea how many runners these tourneys usually get?

[/ QUOTE ]

the borgata usually gets 130-150, this weekend prolly more because holiday crowd will be insane - if you play it... see you there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]