fold 0 0%
call 17 100.00%
raise 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Mish-Mash VII: GAME THREAD

<u>The History of Pogglesborough</u>
by Zurvan

(Excerpt from a damaged manuscript, found in the home of Zurvan, Official Historian of Pogglesborough)

For such a small town, Pogglesborough has had a shockingly sordid history. There have always been rumours of Supernatural forces in town. From lycanthropes, to magic users, to Demon worship, the stories have been persistent. Even the Catholic church has gotten in to the act. In something not seen since the 15th Century, the Vatican has dispatched a representative to remove the un-Godly forces from town. The Papal office vehemently denies this fact, but a reliable source, who wishes to remain anonymous, has told me that it is the absolute truth. Furthermore,

In what must be the most unbelievable report out of Pogglesborough, there are persistent stories of Flying Pumpkins causing havoc throughout town. These reports often come up near April Fool's Day, which would lead one to believe it is just an elaborate hoax. If so, it is very elaborate, as more than one person has been found dead in the early days of April covered in Pumpkin goo. Worse there is some photographic evidence, as can be seen below. The first pict

It is not just the Supernatural that haunts Pogglesborough. For the past 40 years, the town has been home to an elusive serial killer. Every 200 days he begins killing women. He will kill until he finds and kills a Prostitute, when he goes in to hiding for another 200 days. What drives this compulsion? We may never know. Fortunately, the town has finally called in an FBI forensics team. They may be able to identify the killer, if only they could get some of the killer's DNA from a victim.

As mentioned above, many of the events that haunt Pogglesborough are cyclical in nature. April 1, 2007 is a day all residents should have circles. All of these things will be returning to Pogglesborough at the same time.

I have the solution to the problem, and it is ...

(here the manuscript ends. What follows is a transcript of the Town Hall meetings called after the terrible events of April 1, 2007.)

<u>Potential Residents of Pogglesborough</u>

Inquisitor - On a quest to rid the world of the Supernatural, may kill each night. Is trying to kill anyone with Supernatural powers - Seers, Magic Users, Flying produce, etc. Must kill more of them than non-magic users. One kill nightly. In place of a kill, may choose to interrogate one person. 50% of the time will receive that players role, 40% of the time will get nothing, 10% of the time the interrogated player will die.

Phoenix -
1) Regular Seer Powers - May see one player of her choice.
2) Night Insanity – 2 random players will be killed. 1 random players will be brought back to life. Phoenix cannot kill herself with this power. The only players who cannot be brought back to life are those who have been mod-killed for violating somesuch important rule.
3) Silence – Can silence a player of her choice for the following day. It will be noted in the game thread that a certain player has been silenced. If a silent player talks they will be mod killed, and cannot come back to life.

The Phoenix can use all, some, or none of these powers each night.

Serial Killer - Standard
Warlock - Has access to various magic spells, with unknown effects
Jigsaw - Serial killer, based on the movie Saw
Corruptible Villagers - If targetted for death, become Wolves
Seer - Loses powers when reveals himself in thread
Angel - 100% protection for all players. Protection useless against Inquisitor kills. Cannot protect self.
Seer's Apprentice - Standard. Takes over as Seer once FIRST Seer dies or reveals himself in thread.
Martyr - Can choose one player to protect at night, dies in their place. Becomes the Angel if Angel dies.
FGP - I would say standard, but it doesn't really apply here, does it?
Rambo - Night kills, unlimited. Also gets 1 grenade that kills one target. If he uses the grenade, Rambo also gives 4 other names, up to two of whom die randomly.
Indiana Jones - Is searching for artifacts with secret powers, hidden about town. May search 1 house per night, or use 1 artifact
Lara Croft - Can track one players actions at night. Learns if they do anything, and who it affects. Does not learn the actual action.
Good Vote Buyer - Can move votes from one player to another
Vote Counter - Receives vote counts each day
King - Gets a double vote, and can choose to cancel a lynch once. If lynch is cancelled, may lynch candidate of choice. If this happens, it is not announced in thread - just who died.
Forensic Scientist - Can learn the role of one dead player per night. Discovers both their powers, and their orientation
Wizard - Has access to various magic spells, with unknown effects
Hater - When lynched, the last person to vote for him dies. If night killed, also kills the Mafia performing the kill
Good Prostitute - Standard role blocker. Blocks a players night actions only. Must act at least every other night.
Good Power Thief - Can steal one players power each night, and can use it in the next applicable phase. If he steals a night power, cannot use it on the night he takes it.
Villager - Standard no power Villager
Godfather - Standard
Terrorist - Knows the mafia, they know him, part of night chat. Can suicide bomb one player.
Traitor - Shows up as "villager" if investigated. A traitor knows who the mafia members are, but is hidden from the mafia. The traitor works during the day to prevent the mafia from being lynched, and appears innocent to cops. The traitor wins with the mafia; however, the village does not need to kill the traitor to win. If the mafia targets him for death, nothing happens.
Evil FGP - Gets a pumpkin target each night. Knows the wolves, they do not know him, no night chat.
Werewolf - Regular baddies. Numbers will vary based on total sign-ups, and evil power roles filled
Evil Prostitute - Role Blocker. Full night chat with Mafia, but village does not have to kill him to win
Evil Vote Buyer - Can move votes from one player to another
Evil Power Thief - Can steal one players power each night, and can use it in the next applicable phase. If he steals a night power, cannot use it on the night he takes it.
Emperor - Gets a double vote, and can choose to cancel a lynch once. If lynch is cancelled, may lynch candidate of choice. If this happens, it is not announced in thread - just who died.
Evil Seer - Will not have direct contact with the evils, but can send them 1 PM in the game. They will not know his identity, though he will know theirs. His PM to the Wolves cannot contain his identity
Sorceror - Has access to various magic spells, with unknown effects
Rabid Wolf - When lynched, the last person to vote for him dies. This role cannot be selected. It will be a characteristic of one of the wolves, either vanilla or power, in night chat. This is a secret role, and will nto be known.
Jester - Must get lynched to win, not night killed. Cannot role reveal as Jester to get lynched. If he votes for himself, he could still get lynched and not win. If by NOT voting himself, he would not have been lynched, then the win condition fails, though he still gets lynched. Cannot be ressurrected

<u>Players Immune to Night Kills</u>

The following Roles cannot be killed by the Werewolves at night:

Warlock
Inquisitor
Phoenix (before picking sides)
Jigsaw
Serial Killer
Traitor

<u>Other Rules, specific to Neutral Characters</u>

All Neutral characters lose their powers or are mod-killed if they reveal their role in thread. That's just the way it is.

The Seer(s) also lose their powers if revealed in thread, although a Seer's Apprentice would take over for them.

<u>Standard Rules of the Town Hall Meeting</u>

<u>Rules</u>

Votes must be in bold. Votes in quote boxes will not count.

Do not edit your posts. Not even for formatting. If the format is messed up, repost.

If you sign up to play, you will play. If you don't vote in a day period, I will PM you. If you do not respond to that PM, or vote the next day, I will try and find a replacement for you. I'm not going to try &amp; see if you made a post but didn't vote. I'm going to look at empty spots on my vote count. If you have to back out of the game at any time, that's fine, just PM me in advance. If you have a replacement lined up, let me know, it will save me much hassle.

There's no talking at night. We all know this.

Dead people can't talk. There are NO dead posts.

There's no talking outside the thread unless your role specifically allows it. Dead players cannot talk outside the game, period. Not with other dead players, not with non-players, not with players still in the game. There's the possibility of ressurection in this game.

Non players - please do not post in the thread. Please do not spam the thread with Turbo games. We can all see the sign-up threads, and any players who are interested can go join.

<u>Flow of the Game</u>

Day phase will begin around 8:30AM. Depends how long it takes me to adjudicate night actions after I arrive at work.

Night will be at 9:15 while Choose Your Own Adventure is running. It will be at 9:00 if CYOA ends before this game.

All night actions must be PM'd to me. NO AIM for night actions. If I do not receive a PM, you get no action. Exception: village seer(s), who will receive a random living Village-aligned peek.

Day death roles will be revealed. Night death roles will not be revealed. You will be informed if the game reaches a must lynch situation.

<u>Player List</u>

aaronk56
BluffBlank
boiler_bd
chim17
Chuckleslovakian
dmk
durron597
DustinG
Eskimo
FCBLComish
fmxda
fnord_too
GetThere1Time
HBE
HerbieGRD
Iron_yuppie
jjhender
kbar13
kumubou
KyrosMother
Lastchance
LuckayLuck
matrix
MDoranD
metsandfinsfan
Neil Stevens
nez477
patton4
ScottHoward
Senor Cardgage
shortline99
sighing
Spook
thebram
traz
valenzuela
VoraciousReader
wdcbooks
xoom
xorbie

IT IS NOT YET DAY

PMs will be going out today and tomorrow. PM/AIM all questions to me. My AIM is ZurvanCanada.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Mish-Mash VII: GAME THREAD

OK, I'm a giant slacker.

All PM's have been sent. If you didn't get one, PM me. If you have questions about your role, PM me. If you have complaints about your role, PM somebody who cares. If you want to talk about how awesome any part of the game is, PM me.

STILL NOT DAY
Old 03-31-2007, 12:35 PM

Anonymous Questions

1. Can dead players post? No

2. What happens if the seer or angel is resurrected? Will the Martyr and/or Apprentice keep their new powers, or does it revert to the previous roles? Yes, the Martyr &amp; Apprentice get to keep their powers, and the Seer/Angel do as well. Seer will still lose his powers if his role had previously been revealed.

3. do any characters have action n0? Only the seers. This includes the Evil seer
Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 PM

From a Police Report on the events of early morning, April 1, 2007:

0036: 911 call received reporting a glowing orange light in a Farmers Field located at 2300 Parkhill Rd. Unit 37 sent to investigate
0059: Unit 37 reports in that there appears to be a number of giant pumpkins flying around over the field.
0103: Attempting to contact Unit 37 for more information. No response.
0118: Unit 26 arrives on scene. Unit 37's vehicle is covered in orange goo. No sign of Officer Williams. CSU is dispatched to investigate.
0235: Unit 15 reports howling in the distance. Says it sounds like wolves. (ED NOTE: There's been no wolves seen in the vicinity of Pogglesborough in over 150 years)
0250: 911 call reporting screaming at 382 Highland Rd. Unit 15 dispatched to investigate
0253: Unit 15 reports 3 dead bodies, all mauled as if by wild animals. CSU &amp; EMS dispatched to the scene.
0337: 911 call of a prowler. Unit 2 dispatched to the scene
0351: Unit 2 reports that the suspect dug a hole in the backyard, and left. Will set up a rotating patrol in the neighbourhood in case the suspect returns.
0448: All available units dispatched to the Pogglesborough cemetary. Reports of a loud explosion and a bright light overhead
0454: First responders at the cemetary report what appears to be a winged figure flying over the cemetary. It flew away before a more detailed description could be obtained.
0632: A body is found in the alley beside a local night club. The MO matches that of the 200 day killer.
0815: There is a minor disturbance at St Peter's Cathedral, as Sunday mass is cancelled for the first time in memory. Reports indicate that a stranger dressed as a Priest was seen entering the Churh carrying a large bag, similar to an old-fashioned Doctor's Bag.
0943: A grizzly discovery is made downtown. A man is found shackled to a sink in an old building, with a metal mask over his face. There is a saw in his hand, and it appears he had begun trying to remove his leg. No word on the man's identity at this time, as the interior of the mask was covered in spikes. Investigators are now on seen.
1002: The Chief of Police has called all Officers of rank Sergeant and higher in to a meeting, and called in all service Officers.
1137: A decision to quarantine the town for 24 hours has been made with the Mayor's office, and a press release sent to news outlets.

Transcript of a Breaking News report on the CKLW Pogglesborough Radio, at 12:00 Noon.

Police are asking all residents to stay in their homes for the remainder of the day. It appears that there are several people in Pogglesborough who are dangerous. This is <u>not</u> an April Fool's Day hoax. The worst of our legends are coming true, and we must protect ourselves. We repeat, all non-essential residents must stay in their homes for the remainder of the day.

The Mayor has called for a town meeting tomorrow, beginning at 8:30AM. All residents are invited to attend, as we attempt to resolve the current situation.

It is not yet day. Wolves may begin chat now. Day begins at 8:30AM tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 AM

April 2, 2007

The body of Zurvan, Official Historian &amp; respected Citizen of Pogglesborough is found in his home. He appears to have been ripped limb from limb. His entire library has been covered in what appears to be human blood.

Whatever he knew, somebody wants hidden.

The news of his death is whispered among the residents of Pogglesborough as they gather in the Town Hall. They must solve this problem before things get worse. Before any more lives are lost.

The Mayor stands up at the front of the gathering. "Citizens of Pogglesborough. We are here today to resolve the troubles that have been plaguing our town for decades. In the past, we have ignored them, hoping they would go away. They have not gone away, nor will they," he stopped, and looked out over the crowd.

"I've known many of you my entire life. It hurts me to say, there is some among you that are responsible for these atrocities. Nevertheless, the good citizens of Pogglesborough must root out the evil among us. It begins now."

It is day.

<u>Current Residents of Pogglesborough</u>

Player
aaronk56
BluffBlank
boiler_bd
chim17
Chuckleslovakian
dmk
durron597
DustinG
Eskimo
FCBLComish
fmxda
fnord_too
GetThere1Time
HBE
HerbieGRD
Iron_yuppie
jjhender
kbar13
kumubou
KyrosMother
Lastchance
LuckayLuck
matrix
MDoranD
metsandfinsfan
Neil S
nez477
patton4
ScottHoward
Senor Cardgage
shortline99
sighing
Spook
thebram
traz
valenzuela
VoraciousReader
wdcbooks
xoom
xorbie

<font color="red">Night at 9:15 2+2 time.</font>
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 AM

winner?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:21 AM

lynch Durron and chuckles

what do I win?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 AM

boiler [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 AM

I will not be making any useless posts this game!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 AM

Except that one.