Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 12-01-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: what constitutes hitting n running??

I just want to say that from my expierence, you should look out for your own interests while not intentionally being a douche. Sitting down and playing a few hands and leaving after winning 15 bets in 10 hands is obviously being a douche. But poker is job, and ultimatley I think you should just have good intentions while remembering that sacrificing a few hundred or a few thousand bucks in EV to make someone else think more highly of you prolly isnt worth it.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:19 PM

1st time you play someone you can leave as soon as you determine u dont have an edge

Obv after that though you cant sit and play a few hands and not call it a hit n run
Old 12-01-2007, 09:59 PM

people are such whiney bitches, it's a joke. if you want to be polite, that's fine. but when someone sits at a POKER table on the INTERNET there is really no expectation of anyone being polite or courteous. now you can go ahead and do whatever you feel is right, but trying to claim that other people should do that, too, seems to go too far. and the other day i was playing a well known 2p2er heads up across a few tables. we were up and down a lot. at one point i told him that i had to go in 20 minutes. at about the 18 minute mark i sucked out on him in 2 big pots. then at the 20 minute mark i tell him i'm leaving. of course the response is "what?!?!?! you've gotta be kidding me." point is - you really can't win. do what makes you feel good, ignore it if others dont do what you want or think what you did is wrong. if you can live with yourself, you're probably doing fine.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:15 AM

if you play with crazy mike and leave the game before he does that is considered a hit and run, even then you arent safe. one time after like a 25 hour live session and about 12 hours after mike quit and he had time to sleep/wake up i talked to him on the phone on the drive home and he informed me i had hit and run the game.