Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Fold this boat?

Villain is unknown. This is probably completely standard but I second guess myself a lot.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($62.50)
CO ($115.75)
Button ($45)
SB ($72.75)
BB ($34.40)
UTG ($50.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5.5</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($11.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($11.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($17.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $15</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $32.75
Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Fold this boat?

Bet the flop; there's only two aces in the deck that he could hold. You can probably pick it up.

As played you have to worry about a bigger pp or that ace. I think I'd do the same.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Why do you call on the turn and then fold the blank river?
I like a bet on the flop. As played fold is fine.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I'd fold this. His preflop and river actions indicate strength. I think it is very possible that he has that ace, if not I think he would be worried if you're slowplaying it.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:29 AM

As played, the fold is good. But mediumpimpin has a point: when you call the turn, what card are you looking for on the river? Without a read on the Villain, it's really hard to do anything but fold here.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:32 AM

the reraise tells me he probably has you beat PF (and if he didn't with a hand like AK, he just smoked you on the flop.) Find a better spot and just let it go on the turn, as played. I agree a donk-lead is the best line on the flop. If he doesn't have an ace you can put him in a corner
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 PM

I'd bet the flop as a bluff, then c/f
as played I'd do the same
Old 03-08-2007, 04:52 PM

My plan on the turn was to call a reasonable size bet on the river or check behind if he slowed down. But the psb looks like huge strength to me.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, the fold is good. But mediumpimpin has a point: when you call the turn, what card are you looking for on the river? Without a read on the Villain, it's really hard to do anything but fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't. That's horrible logic. On the turn, it was a standard bet that could mean a lot of things, but at that point it is fine to think we are likely ahead. On the river, no matter how blank a card it is, villain is telling us, Okay, my hand is definitely better than yours, and I trust you will pay me off with the action in this hand. You don't call just because it's a blank; villain's range now likely has us beat. I am inclined to believe him and fold.

Bet the flop here though, pleeeeease.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't. That's horrible logic. On the turn, it was a standard bet that could mean a lot of things, but at that point it is fine to think we are likely ahead. On the river, no matter how blank a card it is, villain is telling us, Okay, my hand is definitely better than yours, and I trust you will pay me off with the action in this hand. You don't call just because it's a blank; villain's range now likely has us beat. I am inclined to believe him and fold.

Bet the flop here though, pleeeeease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your posts, but that last line is bad. No reason to bet that. OP played it well.