Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Uberman\'s Sleep Schedule

[ QUOTE ]
. It didn't interfere with my drinking, though. When I wanted to drink, I would wake up from a nap, have some whiskey, and then sober up a bit before the next naptime, so I could sleep restfully.

[/ QUOTE ]WEll thats the thing- you always sobered up. I imagine that if I go to sleep at midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning and then go out to the bars, I'm gonna want to get trashed. I imagine that messes things up, no?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem is that you have to do this when you actually, you know, have something to do. 22 hours of being awake sounds really nice until you realize you're bored, and you're wondering why you're trying to do this (for the first week or two).

[/ QUOTE ]online poker?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 AM

I could totally play a lot more WoW with this schedule.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
havn't read through the whole thread yet, so forgive me if this has been answered...

Even if I'm tired, it usually takes me at least 30 minutes to fall asleep. Sometimes well over an hour. I guess if I'm dead tired then I can fall asleep within a few minutes, but thats pretty rare. So does the 20 minutes start from as soon as I lay down? If so that'd really suck and not work at all for me.

[/ QUOTE ]Well you can modify it to your liking with great flexibility. I imagine the 20-25 minute "Uberman" version of polyphasic sleep would work fine for you though. Your body adjusts and it wants to nap at your scheduled onset. Much stronger than the urge to sleep on a normal schedule because when you're on a normal monophasic pattern you've had many hours to recharge, and thus, you sort of have "reserves" which you don't exactly have on polyphasic.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. It didn't interfere with my drinking, though. When I wanted to drink, I would wake up from a nap, have some whiskey, and then sober up a bit before the next naptime, so I could sleep restfully.

[/ QUOTE ]WEll thats the thing- you always sobered up. I imagine that if I go to sleep at midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning and then go out to the bars, I'm gonna want to get trashed. I imagine that messes things up, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
It does, a lot, which is why i stopped
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
havn't read through the whole thread yet, so forgive me if this has been answered...

Even if I'm tired, it usually takes me at least 30 minutes to fall asleep. Sometimes well over an hour. I guess if I'm dead tired then I can fall asleep within a few minutes, but thats pretty rare. So does the 20 minutes start from as soon as I lay down? If so that'd really suck and not work at all for me.

[/ QUOTE ]Well you can modify it to your liking with great flexibility. I imagine the 20-25 minute "Uberman" version of polyphasic sleep would work fine for you though. Your body adjusts and it wants to nap at your scheduled onset. Much stronger than the urge to sleep on a normal schedule because when you're on a normal monophasic pattern you've had many hours to recharge, and thus, you sort of have "reserves" which you don't exactly have on polyphasic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleeping mono I struggle to fall to sleep, during a poly binge I would fall asleep within minute every time
Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem is that you have to do this when you actually, you know, have something to do. 22 hours of being awake sounds really nice until you realize you're bored, and you're wondering why you're trying to do this (for the first week or two).

[/ QUOTE ]online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol if you sleep because your bored your life sucks
Old 05-18-2007, 09:53 AM

I tried it twice. I was unsuccessful both times. The second time, I managed to do it almost flawlessly for 6 days and was feeling good, then everything fell apart for some reason.

For those who are thinking about trying it, I say go for it. Even if you fail, it's a fun experience. I also learned a lot about how my body reacts to sleep deprivation.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 AM

this is pretty cool i wish i had the balls to do this
Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Your avatar is pretty awesome. As for not having the balls, it doesn't really take balls. You just need to have the free time and motivation. If you have no reason to stay awake, you certainly won't want to.