Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Never would have imagined this. Dicaprio/Brunson team

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, the environment is better than it was 20 years ago. i live in the bay area and havent seen smog in the distance for over 2 decades. there hasnt even been one heat wave this summer.......very mild.

i guess a global ice age would be better.

whats the name of this movie? tiglobaltanic?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the most retarded post I've read on 2p2 in a long, long time. And that says a lot. Hopefully I just don't grasp your sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

pffft dibs, everyone in your eyes is retarded.

if we all did what liberals say and took what experts say as the word of god, iraq would now be a nuclear threat, we'd all be wearing towels on our heads, everyone would be bisexual and nothing is faster than the speed of light.

ok, so the climate is changing. global climate shifts have been occuring before man can remember. man should concentrate more efforts on moving to outer space. we are ALL sitting ducks on spaceship earth............

(chime in favorite hippie song of your choice)
Old 09-10-2007, 08:45 PM

You are really stupid.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:48 PM

I'm sure that Doyle put up money for this because he believed so strongly in it's message and not because he thought he could make some money off of it.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that Doyle put up money for this because he believed so strongly in it's message and not because he thought he could make some money off of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is correct, and it's not just a "liberal" thing for him as one poster is suggesting. I've heard Doyle say many times in interviews that he was a Republican his entire life until the poker legislation of last fall was passed.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, the environment is better than it was 20 years ago. i live in the bay area and havent seen smog in the distance for over 2 decades. there hasnt even been one heat wave this summer.......very mild.

i guess a global ice age would be better.

whats the name of this movie? tiglobaltanic?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the most retarded post I've read on 2p2 in a long, long time. And that says a lot. Hopefully I just don't grasp your sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

pffft dibs, everyone in your eyes is retarded.

if we all did what liberals say and took what experts say as the word of god, iraq would now be a nuclear threat, we'd all be wearing towels on our heads, everyone would be bisexual and nothing is faster than the speed of light.

ok, so the climate is changing. global climate shifts have been occuring before man can remember. man should concentrate more efforts on moving to outer space. we are ALL sitting ducks on spaceship earth............

(chime in favorite hippie song of your choice)

[/ QUOTE ]

UNDERCOVERMOBSTER?????
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM

i like how sgwissss decides that his anecdotal evidence is enough to refute every respected research scientist and mountains of empirical data just to stick it to the liberal treehuggers that he idiotically thinks is the source of the global warming campaign

back to the original article though, i'm always amazed at doyle. editors or not, he's a pretty great writer and has a great perspective on life. i'm glad to see a texas gambler and presumably conservative republican is willing to back a foolishly labeled "liberal" cause. i guess if you live in vegas long enough and meet enough people, you become more liberal than you might think
Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Doyle making money selling BS to the fish, so what has changed?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like how sgwissss decides that his anecdotal evidence is enough to refute every respected research scientist and mountains of empirical data just to stick it to the liberal treehuggers that he idiotically thinks is the source of the global warming campaign

[/ QUOTE ]

err just as many reputable scientists refute the "human-created" global warming dogma...Perhaps "climate as usual" is not newsworthy or profitable.

In the early 70's "unnaturally" frequent severe weather was attributed to a weather machine created by the russians and widely believed by most of your parents.

In any controversial issue it is prudent to follow the money trail.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha now I know you're kidding, cheers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for my favorite hippy song, I'd go with that Buffalo Springfield one.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

err just as many reputable scientists refute the "human-created" global warming dogma...

[/ QUOTE ]

Making sentences like this up undermines any sensible arguments. This simply isn't true.
There may be disagreement as to how much is directly attributable- but there is no large group that thinks it isn't a factor.