Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Default 200: 88 oop

Villain is a solid tag at 17/12/6 over 600 hands, cbets 67%

I lead the flop, and looking back, I think I'm probably better cring here. Thoughts there?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP3 ($194)
CO ($211.75)
Button ($40)
SB ($153.90)
BB ($61.35)
UTG ($105.40)
UTG+1 ($209.05)
Hero ($283.45)
MP2 ($200)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($39) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, MP3 calls $20.

Turn: ($79) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

So, what do I do with this turn?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: 200: 88 oop

[ QUOTE ]
So, what do I do with this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope he has A-A or A-K, the smooth-call is either really good or really bad. The turn is bad news in my opinion. This may be a cooler spot, so good luck. I say ck and if he has A-K he'll likely bet, if he has an over-set, today just wasn't your day!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Looks like WA/AB, yeah? What's his 3-bet preflop range? JJ+, AK. AQ? TT? 99? Looks to me like your killing AA, AK, and AQ and you are being killed by KK, QQ, JJ.

I would want to bet for value, but his aggression is off the charts. You're more likely to get more of his money in the pot by checking methinks.

C/c turn.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 PM

Some thoughts:

Flop) We are absolutely ready to go on the flop. We want to get all the money in there. I think his relevant range here is JJ, AQ+. (He might have other things, but we are unlikely to get any more out of those.) My concern with a check/raise is that it allows him (possibly) to get away from the hands we want to come along with. Should we check/call, or should we lead. To get all-in, we need 2 pot sized bets. If we check and let him c-bet then we might only get a 1/2 sized bet in here which will leave us smaller than we want, but still in range of getting all-in with a pot on the turn and a small bet on the river. That would not be the end of the world, but I think the best course is to lead with a full pot sized bet. (Your bet is too small - we prefer to get in quicker.)

Turn) On the turn, are we still ready to go? Well, it depends on whether we think he would have called the flop with AK, and whether we think he would continue now with AQ. If he will do either one of those, then we are still committed. Having bet as small as you did on the flop, that turn card combined with a pot sized bet might scare away the hands we want to keep. (Remember that high AFs mean a willingness to fold in addition to a willingness to bet.) I think that having reached this point, a check (possibly a check raise - I am not sure) is in order.

In looking back on this, I notice that I have twice justified slower play by worrying about second best hands folding. Perhaps I worry too much about that. (I will have to think more about it.)
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In looking back on this, I notice that I have twice justified slower play by worrying about second best hands folding. Perhaps I worry too much about that. (I will have to think more about it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all need to think about these things more. I very rarely see any posts here talking manipulating opponents to playing badly. We normally just focus on getting large pots with large pot hands and getting small pots with small pot hands. I, for one, really need to start considering my hands more and not allowing my opponents to play their hands well against me.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:19 PM

I'd like to hear more thoughts, but I'm heading out to work and wanted to get the rest of the action out here.

I checked the turn, and he checked behind.

The river was the 7s (completing a FD)

You?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:42 PM

Preflop
Well, I would give him a fairly narrow 3 betting range unless you've been raising all over the place so maybe he wants to punish you.

I'm thinking JJ+, AK

Flop
I would say he would bet almost the entire range on the flop, except possibly AK non spade, but even then he might. He might also check behind with a set if he is a trappy type.

C/R is a powerful move, would he be able to get away from AA or KK if we did this?

I think I like the donk lead better, though the donk lead is a suspicious line too.

When he calls, who knows... I think the call eliminates only AK non spade. (i'm giving the villian a good amount of credit based on stats that seem like he is tight/decent)

Turn
Bad card... I think I shut it down at this point. I think if he has AK, it is of spades and so he has alot of outs. If he has AA, I don't believe we will get too much more value from him, again, i'm giving him alot of credit...
Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear more thoughts, but I'm heading out to work and wanted to get the rest of the action out here.

I checked the turn, and he checked behind.

The river was the 7s (completing a FD)

You?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty cool hand QTip. I think there's more to get into on the flop and turn, but the river has piqued my interest as well. Mainly... can someone with an aggression factor of 6 fold a set when the flush comes in?

First off his check behind eliminates KK. I really think we're down to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Kx, AxK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AA, QQ, JJ now. Would QQ and JJ fire again on the turn, or wait?

How much of his range does he fold if you fire $60? I know we shouldn't turn a hand with some showdown value into a bluff (since we doubt he would call here with AK non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s and maybe even fold AA too), but I don't play against players with this much aggression usually, so its making me think about alternate lines. Or is another c/c still best?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:16 PM

In a reraised pot, if I am villian and I get donked by solid player, red flags start flying. I think thats why I would rather check call and try to check raise the turn AI or C/R the flop depending on how agressive I think he is.

I do like the small bet as well, it does look like your trying to see if your AQ is good.

As played check call down.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off his check behind eliminates KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that eliminate KK?