Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: O/U on Number of current/ future felons playing in this game.
over 13 14 66.67%
13 or Under 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

[ QUOTE ]
It might be a bit of a pisser, but ruining the meal and the whole day? That's bordering on hysteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 6 year olds can be so childish sometimes!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Its El Torero, in Milford, CT

[/ QUOTE ]

that place is crap. route 1 from Milford to Orange is chock full of crap restaurants. if you want a bunch of mexicans to sing to you, go to acapulco's in stratford.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The employee doesn't have the authority to change a policy. He has every authority to say what it is. That's his job.

If he is not up to that task, then the supervisor should handle it and immediately set him straight as to what the policies are and insist he memorize them.

If the supervisor can't handle that, she should look for a new job, because there's not much point having her around. Having the buck stop here is what being a supervisor is all about. Passing the buck and letting things escalate are the characteristics of people you don't want to pay to be your supervisors.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck are you talking about there? Who is the "supervisor" you are imagining? You seem to have not read the OP, and have some misconception whereby the hostess was a supervisor and got involved after giving the initial "yes," which never happened.

I can't believe you've made about 30 long posts in this thread, but apparently couldn't be bothered to read the original scenario.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It might be a bit of a pisser, but ruining the meal and the whole day? That's bordering on hysteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 6 year olds can be so childish sometimes!

[/ QUOTE ]

They get it from their parents.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 AM

This thread is crazy and I'd be curious to see the responses if the thread had been:

"I was going to propose to my girlfriend at our favorite restaurant. I made reservations and the hostess assured me that the waiter would deliver the ring in a champagne glass with dessert. Then when dessert arrived, there was no ring, and the waiter just shrugged and said 'we don't do that anymore, sorry'. I asked to see the manager and he said they no longer do that. Should I be pissed?"

Seriously, once the hostess confirms they're going to sing, the dad should totally expect them to sing. And, if I remember being a 6 year old kid who saw a restaurant three times a year, it was a big deal for the waiters to sing to me.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

"Further, the employees this type of thing is usually complained about to generally have zero authority to change a policy anyway, so getting on them about it is a complete waste of time that can only lead to multiple people getting tense and upset."

That is exactly why I wrote: "In this situation, asking for the manager is perfectly appropriate. In fact, I applaud the father here. He doesn't yell at the waiter or get an argument with a guy who is just doing his job. He asks for the person who has the authority to actually do something here."

[/ QUOTE ]

The employee doesn't have the authority to change a policy. He has every authority to say what it is. That's his job.

If he is not up to that task, then the supervisor should handle it and immediately set him straight as to what the policies are and insist he memorize them.

If the supervisor can't handle that, she should look for a new job, because there's not much point having her around. Having the buck stop here is what being a supervisor is all about. Passing the buck and letting things escalate are the characteristics of people you don't want to pay to be your supervisors.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck are you talking about there? Who is the "supervisor" you are imagining? You seem to have not read the OP, and have some misconception whereby the hostess was a supervisor and got involved after giving the initial "yes," which never happened.

Trying to maintain your persona of knowing everything about everything is risky, and I think we are seeing the consequences here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're way out of your depth here. You appear not to have read the thread at all. Pretty awesome.

But I guess you did satisfy your craving for a snarky ad hominem remark. You set your standards high!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:20 AM

wow why is this thread 11 pages long? cliff's notes plz. someone must need to be banned here.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:24 AM

Blarg,

Show me why I should think your "hostess as supervisor theory" holds any water, and I'll happily admit I was wrong. I just went back and checked all of OP's posts, and, as i thought originally, he said nothing to suggest that.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow why is this thread 11 pages long? cliff's notes plz. someone must need to be banned here.

[/ QUOTE ]

cliff notes: Kid didn't get Happy Birthday sung at a restaurant: drama or no? obligation or no?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Blarg, you're gonna be missed brah. Best of Luck with your next account.