Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Why is everyone giving up?

I see all these posts of "hanging it up" because of the ewallet debacle. While things are certainly at a low point, I would argue that it is far from the end of things. Remember, all it would really take is 1 ewallet to be offshore and have a wide array of retailers to which they are a part(epassporte?). Can the US really make them do anything? No. Neteller, is NOT a good example of the US reigning supreme. See the numerous posts for what the founders were ACTUALLY arrested for.

Sure, some fish might call it quits, but I think that you fail to realize that a lot of the fish that were going to call it quits because of this legislation would have when the original legislation went through and they were kicked off Party (c'mon we all know that is where ALL the fish were [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Am I being too optimistic in thinking that Online Poker will make it through this?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Why is everyone giving up?

i think probobly too optimistic. i thought online poker was [censored] when party went down, but then i saw the 5-10 full ring games on stars grow by like 600%. now just a few days after the neteller bomb the games are back to preparty crash. unless stars credits people the fee for epassporte i think its over. epassporte fees are horible.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:01 PM

I aint giving up.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:06 PM

Its out of our hands. The only way it is going to be over is if every site and every funding method leaves the market. I don't see that happening. So, since its out of our hands why worry? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2007, 06:06 PM

not giving up...just waiting until things settle. I am a rec player...the ones you make most of your money off of. I am not going to jump thru hoops to make 50.00
Old 01-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Not giving up. Have no need to deposit. Grinding away on a couple of sites building my roll. Waiting for things to settle before I rake off the winnings.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 PM

Losing another chunk of fish while keeping the population of winning players steady is indeed gonna make the games much harder.

I'm sure if you're a recreational player that you'll be able to play poker as long as you want, provided you don't mind jumping through some hoops.

But if you're a pro who plays lots of hands of lower stakes games for a living, I think you'll notice fewer bad players and tighter tables over time.

Remember that every dime you take out of online poker once had to be put in by someone else. If other peoples' deposits slow down dramatically, so will the amount of money coming out. The less-than-spectacular players will be washed ashore.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM

I don't care either way, but with millions of dollars being taken of the tables each day in rake, things are going to change.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:17 PM

NO NEED TO WORRY!!!!!

Some of the EWALLET sites do other stuff besides fund gambling sites. There is no way the gov't can possibly stop them. Once the Gov't realizes this, they will give up and online poker will live on. LOL.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM

When I run out of toilet paper, it doesn't stop me from crapping.....