Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 06:34 PM

Default $6 Early with AJs LP

Not sure what the best play here is. Looking for advice. Didn't wanna raise with a limper and 3 still to act. Flop I called as a slowplay to get more money in the pot with intentions of pushing a raise or the turn.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1315)
UTG+1 (t1830)
MP1 (t2220)
MP2 (t1815)
Hero (t1415)
Button (t910)
SB (t2685)
BB (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, MP2 calls t50, Hero calls t50, Button calls t50, SB calls t25, BB checks

Flop: (t250) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets t250</font>, Hero calls t250, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Turn: (t750) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">MP2 bets t1515 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t1115 (All-in)

River: (t3380) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Old 11-08-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: $6 Early with AJs LP

PF is fine, I'd do the same.

Flop though I'd probably just shove here. You have an absolutely monster of a hand, and MP2 is unlikely to go away, I'd just shove it in TBH. If you just call and BTN or whatever calls too and the turn is a Ks your hand seems less pretty with only the one card to come.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:46 PM

Shove that flop all day every day.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:53 PM

This is a no-brainer shove, since you have to protect against a straight draw...You will be surprised how many weak Jacks will call you. And against Twopair you have plenty of outs...INSTASHOVE
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM

I know this is an easy shove on the flop, but no one calls then pushes turn to get an extra bet or 2?

Knew I should have shoved on the flop, but wanted to squeeze something more out of it. I won the hand obviously
Old 11-08-2006, 07:34 PM

I am a squeezer like you homanga, so i understand you. But there are so many action killers on the turn. Suppose a heart comes...you probably wont get much out of him. If he has something he will pay you off at this level. They will call with middle pair an weird draws. Many just wanna see another card and fold after they didnt hit. And the longer you show strenght by betting very round, the more they will fold...It sounds crazy, but expect more people to call your shove then to call big bets on the turn and river. The more opportunity you give them to think about what you have, the more they will fold