Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Monday Afternoon Turbo Thread.

http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LynchAllLiars

Chris V linked this in a turbo a couple days ago and it has pretty much become my blanket policy - the premise is pretty obvious. it applies to xorbie working over the town in ASIV by faking seer, and it also applies to just about everything BobO does.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

unvotes=no
changevote=yes

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, why?
the unvote was taken away to stop tricking wolves(i assume), but now the wolves have a huge advantage?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:42 PM

I don't think BobO should be autolynched. He's a smart guy and has a decent wolfdar. He'd be an amazing villager if he'd just cut that [censored] out. All the fake seering sucks. When he clears other villagers when he's fake seering as a villager and then he gets eaten it saves the seer for a round but it also adds more confusion if he names a wolf in this way. All I really see this doing for him is setting up an effective metagame for when he's a wolf or the actual seer which will be significantly less often than when he's a villager.

I don't like it, but no I wont autolynch BobO every game though I also wont trust a damn word he says. Another thing is, don't alter your thinking because he decides to call you dumb or retarded. I was all but about to lynch Amp in yesterday's turbo but then he comes out with "Getthere, get with the program," and it warped my mind completely (he was a wolf.) It's easy to embarass someone into a bad choice. I think eventually BobO'll start to realize why what he's doing sucks.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

unvotes=no
changevote=yes

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, why?
the unvote was taken away to stop tricking wolves(i assume), but now the wolves have a huge advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

unvoting will be allowed in any games I mod, unless POG makes it a hard and fast rule. I definitely understand the motivation behind taking it away, but at this point it kind of seems like a house rule.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:47 PM

Bob is either brilliant or terrible. I don't quite understand the reputation he gets. I seem to be in tune with what he is doing as a villager and often think his logic is sound, even when it is wildly convoluted. I want him to keep doing what he is doing.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Re: Final Round

I'm in favor of NO switching or unvoting. With no switching, it forces all 3 players to make certain of their vote, and it prevents some stupid wolf/villager moves. It forces actual discussion before voting at the end instead of the way things went with voting today.

Re: Bob

Maybe it's because I've known Bobby for 4+ years, but I don't think he adds THAT much confusion to the game. If you read fairly carefully and pay attention, you can often decipher when he is full of it or not. It's like playing poker. Bob loves to try and bluff me, but if I stop and go back and replay the hand in my mind and think, I can often figure out if he has the hand he is trying to represent. The same goes in WW. If you players stop and think before voting so quickly, better decisions can be made. In this game in particular, I'm pretty sure we NEVER came close to hitting the time deadline, and that definitely favors the wolf team. Bob is an unconventional player, but in most things he does, his ideas are rooted in logic. He usually has some sort of plan, no matter how cock-eyed.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:35 PM

yeah I have to clarify re: Bobo.

1) when he is on his tight/playing it straight game, he is very good. great wolf spotter. I hope I didnt imply that he is reckless or that he sucks.

2) I think he is picturing a world (using a poker analogy) where everyone mixes up their play based on their hand range perfectly in order to create 0 EV plays for the opponent, given the percentage of the time that he will be a villager/wolf/seer/etc. This is leading him to try out a LAG style that, while rooted in logic, is probably a little ahead of its time, and has the end result that the village is not able to interpret his actions and their intentions both in a vacumn and in the grander scheme, and the wolves benefit greatly from this. IMO a tighter, almost weak/tight strategy is best against most of us here since most wolves (myself DEFINITELY included) aren't good enough to avoid detection the old fashioned way.

I see where he is trying to go with some of his plays (not all of them) but I don't think we are at an advanced enough level to make it a part of most games.