Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: LJ Ends Holdout

Good for him. As a PSU homer I'm glad to see he'll get some big money before Herm Edwards kills him. He'd be stupid not to hold out and renegotiate with the workload they give him.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM

If the Chiefs are smart they will run LJ into the ground the next couple years then trade him for the farm. That would be just about perfect timing.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the Chiefs are smart they will run LJ into the ground the next couple years then trade him for the farm. That would be just about perfect timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize older backs aren't worth crap to most teams. A lot of teams could have gotten Shaun Alexander for a 2nd round pick around 3 years ago before his big season. I was shocked when the Redskins were dumb enough to offer Bailey for Portis, for the most part of the last 10 years, RBs 28 years+ aren't worth much at all in the NFL trade markets.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize older backs aren't worth crap to most teams. A lot of teams could have gotten Shaun Alexander for a 2nd round pick around 3 years ago before his big season. I was shocked when the Redskins were dumb enough to offer Bailey for Portis, for the most part of the last 10 years, RBs 28 years+ aren't worth much at all in the NFL trade markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2nd and 5th round pick when he was 27.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Suzzer had a 2nd and 5th in mind when he said "the farm."
Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Run LJ into the ground, PRAY he holds up playing every game in those 2-3 years without a huge injury (small chance of that), and then trade a RB on the wrong side of 30 in this NFL market?

Don't really see that happening.

If LJ is going to get traded, the most likely scenario I see is he plays 13-16 games the next 2-3 years, gets around 1500 yards, the Chiefs draft a RB in the 1st-2nd round next year or the year after and then trade LJ for a 3rd-4th rounder in like 2011.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 PM

If LJ keeps getting 400+ carries per season, he probably won't last past 30 years old.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a HOF player at other critical positions would be traded for this? This really isn't that much.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a HOF player at other critical positions would be traded for this? This really isn't that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I mean, look at what Deion Branch went for.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:42 AM

The Jamal Lewis comparisons are really overdone. Yah, Jamal Lewis carried it a bunch of times one year and then kind of sucked after that. After his 2000 yard season, he also missed a bunch of time the next year for violating the drug policy and then literally WENT TO JAIL. So, unless carrying the ball 400 times in a season makes you a coked out criminal, I think LJ is okay for the foreseeable future.