Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Default 100NL button v co.

Hi guys, please be gentle with me, 1st time poster. How is my line here post flop, I know its insta fold pre flop but villain is CO was very LAG over small sample 45/40/2. I have been playing TAG and Im on the button. Anyway here goes:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $111.25
BB: $136.55
UTG: $54.10
CO: $109.80
Hero (BTN): $98.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($9.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, CO calls $12.00

Turn: ($49.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $74.30</font>, CO calls $74.30

River: ($198.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $198.10 ($2 Rake)

I apologise in advance if this is not in the correct format. Thx again.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: 100NL button v co.

Preflop is marginal but OK, raise bigger on flop though. Check behind turn. You dont want to turn ur hand into a bluff here.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:58 AM

I prefer 3-betting PF here. As played, I probably just call flop. As played, I check behind the turn.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer 3-betting PF here. As played, I probably just call flop. As played, I check behind the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you just calling the flop here? We have huge equity vs. most of his holdings. I'd be trying to make the pot as big as possible.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 AM

Postflop is fine.

I generally don't like to coldcall someone who is 45/40. I'd rather 3bet them with pairs/solid aces/suited connectors. A 45/40 guy is going to miss a lot of flops and will be forced to check-fold so you want to 3-bet a lot. Coldcalling plays directly into his hands because he now controls you postflop. Yeah, sometimes you coldcall and flop 2-pair with K8s but when you play back he will fold because his range of holdings will be weak.

So, because a 45/40 has a weak range of holdings on flops you want to be in control.

After you 3-bet him a few times I would start to tighten up if I sense frustration.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you just calling the flop here? We have huge equity vs. most of his holdings. I'd be trying to make the pot as big as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if we are to get it all in on this flop we most likely just be drawing to a flush here and sorta turning our hand into a bluff.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 AM

if villain is laggy the best way to play against him is to repop him PF a lot. raise to $12 PF.

Edit (flop): actually what the poster above me said is very good

as played don't push turn. he's not folding better and not calling worse. check behind.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A 45/40 guy is going to miss a lot of flops and will be forced to check-fold so you want to 3-bet a lot.

[/ QUOTE ] What about 45/40 tells you he is just calling when you 3 bet him?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sometimes you coldcall and flop 2-pair with K8s but when you play back he will fold because his range of holdings will be weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't coldcall him in position to flop gin. You do it to raise and float him very liberally because his range of holdings will be weak.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM

As played then, what hand would you put me on if you were villain especially the way the hand has been played post flop. If I were villain I would be thinking he has hit a set of 4's or possible has 2 pair KT maybe?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:47 AM

PF sux horribly - just fold
flop - raise more to around $28 (same as you would with a set)
turn - why raise so much? You are making sure only better hands call. Just bet $33

[ QUOTE ]
I know its insta fold pre flop but villain is CO was very LAG over small sample 45/40/2

[/ QUOTE ]

Adapting to a LAG by opening up your calling range is the opposite of what you need to do. You should tighten up and raise/3-bet more (not crap like K8s obv).

[ QUOTE ]
As played then, what hand would you put me on if you were villain especially the way the hand has been played post flop. If I were villain I would be thinking he has hit a set of 4's or possible has 2 pair KT maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You look EXACTLY like you have a draw that needs fold equity. So you will be called far more often. You should actually do this with a set because you will be looked up more often due to how bluffy it looks.