Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

Buzz,
IMO its okay to have one thread per month where not everything has to be based in strategy and tactics; stop deleting posts please.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO its okay to have one thread per month where not everything has to be based in strategy and tactics;

[/ QUOTE ]Fine. Clearly every post on this thread is not related to strategy and tactics. Indeed, some posts that are not within the low content thread seem unrelated to strategy and tactics.
[ QUOTE ]
stop deleting posts please.

[/ QUOTE ]No Gordo. Request denied.

Go somewhere else if you want to read posts where individuals insult or demean others. Go somewhere else if you want to read the various response posts in the aftermath of such insults. I don't think they belong on this forum, not even in the low content thread.

I'm trying to make this forum a better place for individuals to ask questions about Omaha and discuss the game of Omaha without fear of ridicule, or insult for their questions or ideas.

I will continue to ask everyone who posts here to be considerate, at all times, of other posters and their points of view, even in the monthly low content thread.

If and when I think things are getting out of order, I'll step in. If it means anything to you, I don't want to delete posts and I don't want to ban posters. But since I agreed to moderate this forum, I'll do what I feel I need to do.

Buzz
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 PM

sigh... this crap is still going on?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I missed one heck of a posting session. I can't help but wonder what was said in those posts. It must have been pretty bad.

I agree with Buzz, even though I didn't read the posts. If people are allowed to be demeaning to one another this forum might as well become BBV.

Buzz is trying to preserve this forum from the ridicule and insults easily launched in all the other forums. He has kept this a nice forum, where everyone is free to express their opinions, without it coming down to insults.

I am sure this isn't an easy job and not everyone is going to agree with him on all his choices, but the fact of the matter is, this is one of the best forums on 2+2, and it is in large part due to Buzz being a good moderator.

It is a pretty thankless job, and I think that a thank you is in order. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I missed one heck of a posting session. I can't help but wonder what was said in those posts. It must have been pretty bad.

I agree with Buzz, even though I didn't read the posts. If people are allowed to be demeaning to one another this forum might as well become BBV.

Buzz is trying to preserve this forum from the ridicule and insults easily launched in all the other forums. He has kept this a nice forum, where everyone is free to express their opinions, without it coming down to insults.

I am sure this isn't an easy job and not everyone is going to agree with him on all his choices, but the fact of the matter is, this is one of the best forums on 2+2, and it is in large part due to Buzz being a good moderator.

It is a pretty thankless job, and I think that a thank you is in order. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't that bad, really. I think Dschmeidreu, whoever that is, was on some kind of weird leveling attempt and said that Wazz's play with AAJ6 was "ATROCIOUS" and that Wazz must be a terrible player. Then other people ran with it and joked around a bit about how ATROCIOUS everyone's play is. Or something like that, I was tired.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I totally agree. At first, when Buzz took on this thankless job of moderating us, I was very against his deleting posts, threads, locking them etc.

But now I see that after several months this forum has become a better, more civil place to discuss PLO.

Thank you very much Buzz and I apologize for being mean before.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 PM

F*ck the PLO-lice coming straight from the underground.
A young Omaha player got it bad cause my title's brown.
And that's the other color so PLO-lice think they have the authority to ban a minority.
F*ck that sh*t cause I ain't the one for a punk moderator with a badge and a gun to be deletin' on and thrown in jail.
We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell.
F*ckin' with me cause I'm a good player
With a little bit of cash in my bankroll.
Searchin my posts, looking for the flaming
Thinking every poster is selling and spamming.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:36 PM

A+ iggy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

you going platinum!

EDIT: Also, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Buzz.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:03 AM

circumventing the profanity filter? BAN
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 AM

Just wanted to say that I really hate playing on Stars. The nitty attitude just drives me crazy. Like I'm playing HU with this guy, he 3-bets light PF, we end up getting in on the flop, and I hit a draw that he had dominated.

Instead of either trying to get the money back and getting into a gambling mode or leaving, he has to stay at the table and try to berate me for 10 minutes. This whole thing about expecting the other player to feel bad for you when you lose a hand just drives me crazy. I'm going to move most of my play to Bodog as soon as I go supernova.