Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 AM

Default need confirmation on probably easy ch-fold

10-25 (50straddle) nyc live game
most of the stacks are 5-6k, i have 10k, preflop raiser covers

i'm in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 callers of the straddle, i complete, villain raises 300 more from straddle (this is a raise is small enough that will almost certainly be called by at least 3 or 4 of the limpers)

villain had been somewhat uncharacteristically running over the table a bit, raising with some trash and showing his bluff c-bet a couple times (each time betting almost full pot on the flop), also has been hitting some hands and is up a decent amount.

everyone calls.

flop ($2110) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

what's the plan?

and if you check and he bets $1750 and everyone else folds(ed), is this a relatively simple fold?

with the size of his preflop raise i expect him to have JJ+ relatively little. and if i raise, against me i expect him to get it in with an overpair containing a club or AcX almost all of the time. he will most likely fold an overpair less than AA if he does not have a club, but that is not definite.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: need confirmation on probably easy ch-fold

um, if you check and he bets see the action behind him before making your decision.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM

You could easily fold, but i'd probably bluff in that situation (ie, u check, he bet 1700ish & i'd push)... It would suck if he indeed did have an overpair +club though

edit: Just noticed you had 10k... i probably wouldn't push, but who knows...

U can easily check/fold this. Check/Push is also an option, but its risky.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 PM

I'd check with the intention of trying to stay in if the pot were small and the rest of the action before it gets back to me wasn't too bad. The relative position here is nice, as you can basically see the whole table unfold to his (presumed) bet after your check. I assume the check results in a fold more often than not, though.