Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Wow ...One Busy Scientist!

You guys crack me up...There is a huge body of documentation and charts and issues and science that he discusses and you anally pick out this one chart that seemingly looks simplistic to criticize...How anal...Same thing when I posted the prophecies...picked on one prophecy when there were 100 to examine on the site and the site explicitly told you there were 100s of more prophecies...

Think maybe you guys need to switch to preponderance of the evidence over reasonable doubt as your judging standard ...this is just too important to miss out on...
Old 09-28-2007, 01:57 PM

splendour,

Your OP sucks. Why don't you excerpt something from the site that is even slightly interesting, and then maybe we will comment on it.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Snowball I have my own unique view on posting...I really like this post because it gives so many different people the opportunity to look at so many different topics...Kind of special wouldn't you say...And Deem is a very humble man...he says to let him know if you find any thing you think is in error...It is truly amazing the amount of info on that site...Hope you enjoy!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like this post because it gives so many different people the opportunity to look at so many different topics...Kind of special wouldn't you say

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.google.com
Old 09-28-2007, 02:44 PM

splendour,

This post is a total beat. You say you have a science website for us to check out. We go there and its filled with "Gods awesome promises!". Someone picks out a laughable chart on the site, and you say hes being too anal. Don't you realize that that's part of critical thinking?

You say there is an amazing amount if info on that site...Do you really think that chart is informative about the properties of God? Seriously, how does he know that stuff?
How does he know about God's promises to man?
hint: he doesn't
Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you realize that that's part of critical thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

-10 pts for not referencing wikipedia's entry on critical thinking.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 PM

I quite enjoyed the part where he used 'Occam's razor' to cut out the atheist 'alternatives' to a god creating the universe because they were too complex.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Madness? This is godandscience.org!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Hexag1 I said the following:

there has been a massive amount of research done by this microbiologist, Richard L. Deem (yes, he's a Christian) into some of the most frequent questions discussed here -That is what I said...I'm sorry if you misinterpreted it.

There are other types of research in the world besides scientific: there is biblical, legal, historical, just to name a few of them...He is a microbiologist and gives information on several scientific topics in addition to the scriptural and historical...You seemed to have discarded the delicate inter-relationships...Many questions have multi-disciplinary answers in this world...but everyone just wants to argue instead of consider the other side's position and its evidence...the body of evidence this scientist is presenting is enormous...It's up to people to have the patience to examine where things link up...
Old 09-28-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...It takes a bibical scholar to research the depths of the bible...

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Because biblical scholars have an awfully embarassing history of being wrong. Are you ignorant of the past 1800 years of biblical scholarship? Have you not heard of witch trials? Burnings for heresy? Belief in a literal creation story? Belief in a literal flood?

All of your "biblical scholars" managed to produce [censored]-ups of biblical proportions. So I beg to differ that someone (necessarily religious) researching the bible can have much more credibility than a well read skeptic.

Are you also aware that a large number of real biblical scholars - many of them religious - have rejected much of the Jesus story, including its central points, as myth (aka allegory)? Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Seminar

You're on uber shaky ground here if you want to appeal to the authority of biblical scholars.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:13 PM

Splendour, you are a very very bad apologist. And you do a great disservice to enlighted Christians who have finally escaped the shackles of lunacy such as Biblical inerrancy -- and the complete lack of intellectual honesty that goes with it.

Please stop making a fool of yourself.