Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Turn/River line check.

Villain is L-P -- though when he gets heads up in a pot I've seen him try to make some sneaky plays/bluffs in the past 30 minutes. Sorry if this post is a bit sloppy, I'm in the middle of a session atm.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I'm pretty sure this is all standard, but considering my read on the villain. The turn donk/3-bet felt like a set of 3's, though the flush draw I picked up more or less blinded me from that imo. So do you play this the same?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Turn/River line check.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this is all standard, but considering my read on the villain. The turn donk/3-bet felt like a set of 3's, though the flush draw I picked up more or less blinded me from that imo. So do you play this the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do u put him on precisely 33? JT, 99, KQ, Q9 at least. Do you want to fold anywhere? That's simply not possible. The only question is if u should cap turn or raise the river. With the reads u have that would probably be bad, so nice hand.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 AM

Just based on the hands I saw out of him, I hadn't seen him betting his flush/OESD's often-if at all. My read wasn't too stellar, and yeah the range I put him on wasn't as good as it could've been. As to your question, there's no way I'm folding here. Capping the turn did cross my mind, though that felt like absolute spew--same with the river. Admittedly I feel like the results of the hand are skewing my thought process here though.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 AM

I would probably have just called the turn bet.

I know that you have said that you think your opponent can be tricky at times when he is heads up.

However, this is the 2nd time that he has donked into you, and you raised both pf and on the flop. His turn bet seems to be saying that he can beat top pair.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 AM

I play preflop and flop the same way.

On the turn, I'm just calling. We only have a pair.

I raise the river when I improve to top two pair.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:54 AM

You don't give him any credit for QQ here? Except for not re-raising you pre here, this is how he'd play pocket queens, no? Your read said he was passive, maybe passive enough not to reraise queens?

I'd play it like you did. I think the 'call turn' folks are right but I wouldn't have been able to slow down that quickly in the heat of the moment.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 AM

im just calling the turn and reevaluating the river but this is pretty much fine too
Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 PM

nothing wrong with this hand
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 PM

* Grunch *

raise/call the river