Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Hello, Micro-Limit Hold\'em!

Hey everyone! I've been meaning to start posting some of the hands I've been having trouble with, though I've been putting it off for a while now as I've been more or less convinced that my game has been working out much better than usual. I'll go into a little bit of my poker-past here in this post, and use it as a sort of introduction of myself to you guys.

I spent about a year away from the game, after grinding my way through about 50,000 hands of .5/1.00 on Empire during the poker boom, taking my roll up to ~1500$, enough to play 2/4 hold'em there. I got bored with the game, and found other things to pass the time with, and for a while, I'd thought I'd finally had enough of poker.

I guess not. Like some terrible foot rash that re-appears everytime you go out for a run, my interest in this game just can't be subdued. I spent most of this summer dicking around Bodog, as I was too lazy to set up an epassporte account, and was discouraged largely by reading about (and hearing first hand accounts) of all of the funds that got frozen in NetTeller.

[censored] that! I set up my epassporte account a while back, and loaded what was left of my meager summer winnings into PokerStars on September 6th -- which happened to conveniently be just enough for 300 BB's of .25/.50. I've been 4-6 tabling daily, depending on my mood, getting in anywhere from 1000-4000 hands a day. This is far more poker than I've ever played before, as I've never had a monitor big enough to really handle six tables in the past. Those 50,000 hands I mentioned earlier were played over the course of a year-and I can safely say I've if I'm still stuck more than 20 bets after a 4000 hand day, I've got one hell of a headache.

I'm going through a really rough skid right now, after shooting up 200 BB superfast. While I dig through my files for some interesting hands, I just thought I'd say hey.

So see you all about.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Hello, Micro-Limit Hold\'em!

I look forward to seeing some of your hand posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 AM

Welcome. and please introduce yourself to our other friend.

our other friend
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome. and please introduce yourself to our other friend.

our other friend

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kind of asswhack-ish, don't you think? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 AM

HELLO WCSHERRY!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HELLO WCSHERRY!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 11:07 AM

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T, A.
UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9, J, J [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 7 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Just so this isn't a completely NC thread, I'll throw up one hand that's pretty typical of a situation that's troubling me -- Everything in here is standard imo, but this C/C, C/R move really makes my head spin at times. It's probably the situation where reads are most important, but still it's nearly always a toss up in my head between deciding if a thinking player is trying to push someone he perceives as tight off a pot, or if he really just caught a dream flop and is zomg tarping me.

Assume no read on villain, I've just sat down at this table. Sorry about the short-handed-ness, I couldn't find any examples from my earlier hands of a similar situation at FR games.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HELLO WCSHERRY!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAY GUYS.

Srsly though, enthusiasm and coffee are all I have to numb this cooler I'm riding. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (format:FlopTurnRiver)
Preflop: Hero is MP with T, A.
UTG calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9, J, J [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 7 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Just so this isn't a completely NC thread, I'll throw up one hand that's pretty typical of a situation that's troubling me -- Everything in here is standard imo, but this C/C, C/R move really makes my head spin at times. It's probably the situation where reads are most important, but still it's nearly always a toss up in my head between deciding if a thinking player is trying to push someone he perceives as tight off a pot, or if he really just caught a dream flop and is zomg tarping me.

Assume no read on villain, I've just sat down at this table. Sorry about the short-handed-ness, I couldn't find any examples from my earlier hands of a similar situation at FR games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Set the format on the FlopTurnRiver converter to 2+2 and your hands will be converted correctly for this forum.

Doc
Old 09-10-2007, 11:53 AM

Villain may have slowplayed flopped J trips, but he could also have paired a weaker A or just be bluff raising the turn.

He is unknown and you may easily have had the best hand, so I would also have called down from the turn raise.