Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Default When discussing \"Best show on tv\", how come nobody ever mentions...

...Real Time with Bill Maher?

It's smart, it's funny, it's topical, it's smart...

Oh, never mind, I just answered my own question.

Too bad. These last two episodes (Gen Clark this week, Gary Kasparov last week) were gold. If you have HBO OnDemand available, I recommend you check out at least these two eps.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: When discussing \"Best show on tv\", how come nobody ever mentions..

We love Bill Maher! He's better than John Stewart and Colbert. Much wittier. Not sure this required it's own thread.

However, as far as I'm concerned one of the best shows on TV right now is Brothers & Sisters on ABC. Watch it people. It's got some of the best acting on TV with very relatable characters. (I happen to like the gay brother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: When discussing \"Best show on tv\", how come nobody ever mentions..

I watch Real Time every week, but I must admit I fast forward through the monologue. Its exactly what I always wished Politically Incorrect would become.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We love Bill Maher! He's better than John Stewart and Colbert. Much wittier. Not sure this required it's own thread.

However, as far as I'm concerned one of the best shows on TV right now is Brothers & Sisters on ABC. Watch it people. It's got some of the best acting on TV with very relatable characters. (I happen to like the gay brother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
The show is surprisingly good. I like the illegitimate daughter VVVV much.
Damages was pretty good on FX. House & La Ink too.
Bill Maher needs 2 be back on ABC or Comedy Central
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bill Maher needs 2 be back on ABC or Comedy Central

[/ QUOTE ]

Right- because the show would be much better with censoring and commercials.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 AM

I think Bill Maher stinks. I'll take Jon Stewart or Colbert over him any dayyyy.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 AM

I like Bill Maher but it is really easy to understand why people loathe him. He has some cool guests though and I think he is reasonably funny, if repetitive.

The bit with the 9/11 conspirators interrupting his panel talk was quite lol.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Bill Maher stinks. I'll take Jon Stewart or Colbert over him any dayyyy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as I'm concerned one of the best shows on TV right now is Brothers & Sisters on ABC. Watch it people. It's got some of the best acting on TV with very relatable characters. (I happen to like the gay brother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
The show is surprisingly good. I like the illegitimate daughter VVVV much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like the illegitimate daughter huh. She confuses me. Is she good, is she bad? Can we trust her? I think her bangs were a big mistake. She doesn't look very good in bangs Orlando.

I'm hating Joe right now, very very much.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:47 PM

I think the show is pretty good. I just hate Bill Maher so much. I know that sounds stupid that I can hate him and like his show.

I just think he's such a smug [censored]. I would like to punch him in the stomach.