Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: 400NL - AJo vs. a LAG

[ QUOTE ]

I think once we shove, we fold out the hands that give us the most juice; 77-TT. We call, he's always firing with his draws again anyway, and hands we beat, and those other hands I spoke about becaues he's crazy.

Let him hang himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is another good example that will demonstrate that how people think about the game sometimes over shadows how they should optimally play against their opponent.

Art - my argument is actually the opposite of what you're saying. I'd argue that this opponent will sometimes call with those hands. Combine that with the fact he may call with worse hands (KJ), and draws thinking that we may be drawing or have AK etc...

Not to metion that if we call the flop raise, what does our opponent put us on at that point, and will he continue with the hands you mentioned?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Closer to a fold then a shove, gents.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? LAG over a large sample opening on the button. Give him a range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think once we shove, we fold out the hands that give us the most juice; 77-TT. We call, he's always firing with his draws again anyway, and hands we beat, and those other hands I spoke about becaues he's crazy.

Let him hang himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, once we've 3bet and cbet here, we pretty much have to shove here. V. JJ+, AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, suited bway, and 55 we're 51/49.

However, I agree with you that this is the best way to play the hand, but that requires just calling preflop. Still, I think fold > call preflop in this spot w/o a better read.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Maybe I'm just running bad, but if I shove, I either expect villain to fold or to call me with a bigger pair or flush draw. 40/20 players still have a brain and I don't see why he'd call an all in with less than TPTK. At the same time, I don't think many of them think deeply enough to put us on a draw. They'll just see the large bet and get scared away from all the hands we're beating. So by shoving, we win the least against the hands we are beating but still lose the most to the ones were behind. It would only be optimal if villain has a flush draw.

As played, I call the raise, lead the turn for 2/3, and end up all in anyway, except at least that way villain's range still includes some of the weaker hands we're beating, like QJ or KJ.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just running bad, but if I shove, I either expect villain to fold or to call me with a bigger pair or flush draw. 40/20 players still have a brain and I don't see why he'd call an all in with less than TPTK. At the same time, I don't think many of them think deeply enough to put us on a draw. They'll just see the large bet and get scared away from all the hands we're beating. So by shoving, we win the least against the hands we are beating but still lose the most to the ones were behind. It would only be optimal if villain has a flush draw.

As played, I call the raise, lead the turn for 2/3, and end up all in anyway, except at least that way villain's range still includes some of the weaker hands we're beating, like QJ or KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he bluffs a lot and may put us on one. Who plays AJ this way?
Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 PM

I have no doubt that shoving will make us money.

I just feel that calling and letting him make greater mistakes with worse hands just makes a little bit more money.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:05 PM

I know some folks may dissagree, but I think your play is fine. I think you should reraise to 210. His minraise represent a hand he can still get away from. If you raise again, he either folds or goes All-In. If he goes All-in or calls, you have to surrender your hand unless you have a strong read or some history. 2 moves: raise or fold.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know some folks may dissagree, but I think your play is fine. I think you should reraise to 210. His minraise represent a hand he can still get away from. If you raise again, he either folds or goes All-In. If he goes All-in or calls, you have to surrender your hand unless you have a strong read or some history. 2 moves: raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 01-07-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys really have to get out of the habit of making fun of people and remember where you came from. Have some respect at least.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Is he saying raise/fold to allin?????!!!!
Against a LAG i shove 100%
Old 01-07-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys really have to get out of the habit of making fun of people and remember where you came from. Have some respect at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that guy is a troll.