Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: bet in the dark is binding?

[ QUOTE ]
you have to be an idiot to call a bet in the dark, and imo you're an idiot if you bet in the dark in most instances, i draw the line at a dark check, which, sometimes has a purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the hijack, but if I raise preflop and one of the blinds defends and checks dark, I bet dark a lot of the time.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:29 AM

I recently did something I never did before - I went all in blind before the flop was dealt. (that is, I saw my cards were AA, but went AI after PF betting was complete).

I'm in the BB with AA playing 1/2 NL at Hustler. Stacks are all about the same - 120 or so.

someone minraises and about 6 callers, I make it 40, and the two table retards call. I then push all in blind, with the statement in my deep strong voice "all in blind". I swear the two retards looked like deer in the headlights, which was totally worth it just for entertainment value. The flop came and they were like, really really confused.

Of course they called with KQo (no K or Q on flop) and pocket 33, respectively. LOLz.

AB
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently did something I never did before - I went all in blind before the flop was dealt. (that is, I saw my cards were AA, but went AI after PF betting was complete).

I'm in the BB with AA playing 1/2 NL at Hustler. Stacks are all about the same - 120 or so.

someone minraises and about 6 callers, I make it 40, and the two table retards call. I then push all in blind, with the statement in my deep strong voice "all in blind". I swear the two retards looked like deer in the headlights, which was totally worth it just for entertainment value. The flop came and they were like, really really confused.

Of course they called with KQo (no K or Q on flop) and pocket 33, respectively. LOLz.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

you win at poker and at life.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 AM

Default kurn = magoo

Kurn, it's always nice to find someone who's as friggin' twisted as myself posting here. I've always held you in high regard for this reason, and of course because you're a friggin' degenerate trekkie.

It's been a long time since the last magoo fest, getting time for another. I was even thinking of a special edition in la-la land sometime, since I have friends and soon will have family there (thus giving me more excuse to go there).

This of course means I'll be playing at least one "exhibition grudge match" against another 2+2er. Since you and I have never done battle over anything, and we're both definitely magoos, we may have to fabricate some sort of grudge, but it's magoo fest, so that's ok.

I will have my revenge!

Al
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: kurn = magoo

we may have to fabricate some sort of grudge,

Then you shall have it.

H'ab SoSlI Quch!!! (I just insulted your mother in Klingon) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just give me enough lead time. I've always wanted to take part in a Magoo fest even if I am risking a KITN.