Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: 24 The Movie

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Did any of you watch the movie Timecode? It explored some interesting concepts, but the plot/characters/etc were only so-so. Not bad, but worth watching. I watched it in the theater when it came out, was definitely an interesting experience. I'd recommend watching it, if only for the experience.

Review

"The film was shot simultaneously in one continuous take on four separate Sony DSR-1 digital cameras, each following a host of characters entwined within a tightly choreographed story. The result is one story recorded from four different points of view. The final film is a four-way split screen with each camera dividing the viewer's attention. "

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Four frames of simultaneous action that alternately follow a smitten lesbian lover as she obsesses over her partner's dalliances and the tense goings-on of a Hollywood film production company.

[/ QUOTE ]

LEZBOS OMG!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Did any of you watch the movie Timecode?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there any nudity?
Old 05-05-2006, 05:03 PM

Like a year ago when there was talk of a 24 movie I heard one of the producers say that they were thinking of making it so it was going to be a two hour movie only the second hour of which was going to be real time. Like half way through the movie Jack discovers a bomb or something that is set to go off in an hour and that's when the real-time gimmick kicks in.

As for real-time movies, I think the obvious analogy to 24 is the Johnny Depp/Christopher Walker action flick 'Nick of Time' which isn't a bad little thriller mainly because of the two great leads, and has a lot of similarities to 24 (mainly that it's real time and the hero's daughter is kidnapped in an effort to get him to kill an elected official). I also saw Timecode, and agree that it was a fun experiment but a bad movie overall.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:25 PM

maybe they'll have the screen divided into 12ths for 2 hrs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...
Old 05-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Just watched the interview, decent. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe they'll have the screen divided into 12ths for 2 hrs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst idea ever

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2006, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worst idea ever

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a 24 movie defeats the purpose of 24.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:38 AM

I saw Timecode. It was watchable, but not great; an interesting experiment.

I just saw United 93, which was mostly in real-time. It is a brilliant piece of filmmaking and I strongly recommend it.

I couldn't help comparing the film to the TV series 24, not just because of the real-time aspect but obviously the terrorism theme. One of the differences in the comparison is that United 93 shows how difficult information can be to assimilate when you haven't prepared your brain for it. In 24, when Jack Bauer learns some new piece of information, he instantly sees its significance; he either knows exactly what it means or has five viable theories.

But in United 93 (stop here to avoid spoiler), there's one scene at the New York air traffic office, where AA flight 11 has just disappeared off the radar screen and they're looking around trying to locate it, and then the guy looks out the window and says "why is there smoke coming from the World Trade Centre?", and it takes them ten minutes to figure out that maybe it's because the very plane they're searching for has crashed into the building. It's not that they're stupid, just that realistically that's the amount of time it takes human beings to figure something out when they haven't thought about that situation before. But on 24 it's exactly the sort of thing that Jack Bauer (or indeed, any of the characters) would see and know immediately what had happened.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:42 AM

Oh yeah, Miracle Mile is another excellent film that substantially takes place in real time.