Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Best poker room?

Hello everyone, I guess this kind of post has been seen dozens of times, but I'm interested in your opinions about the different websites out there. To me, they all seem pretty similar. I've played on about 4 or 5 different ones, and haven't seen that many different features.
For the moment I'm sticking to www.pokerroom.com because I'm quite successful on it and have the added value of loyalty points. I think only some very powerful features would make me change rooms.
Which brings me to my question; 1.what interesting feature makes your favorite room worth the subscription/or what are the most important features on it? And 2.do you have any ideas for a revolutionary feature on a pokerroom?

I would say 1.player notes, HU game volume because that is my favored game, gift vouchers are an interesting plus when you have many online friends. pokerroom is a generally satisfying room , but I can't really say I find a specific feature to be amazing.

2. Poker is a lot about game selection, i.e following worse players than yourself around. So if a website could implement a way not only to keep notes on players, but to be able to send a notice when they are online and also send them a personal challenge regardless of wether or not they are playing would be a huge plus.
Also, a good statistics software indicating bankroll variation, results against individual players, hourly rate etc. would be nice (as opposed to the pokerroom one, only giving hand history, session time/wins, and far from mistake proof).

Does this exist somewhere on the web?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Best poker room?

to see what different rooms offer and the numbers of games go to:

www.pokersitescout.com
Old 11-10-2007, 09:55 AM

Easy table selections at rooms is a mixed blessing. The easier it is to find fish on a site(i.e. data mining, free buddy tools) the more of a rock garden the site becomes.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 AM

Eventually, fish go broke, and quit. A search tool would enable *you* to benefit from that natural process, instead of the random player who is lucky enough to find himself at the right table at the right table. I don't think a search tool would prevent other fish from emerging....
Old 11-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Well just look at all rooms that permit data mining, almost all of them are pretty tough
Old 11-10-2007, 12:11 PM

I particularly like AP's recent feature in seeing other peoples hole cards.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I particularly like AP's recent feature in seeing other peoples hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 12:24 PM

? Can you elaborate? I'm sensing some irony here
Old 11-10-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
? Can you elaborate? I'm sensing some irony here

[/ QUOTE ]

Since someone is just going to ask if you've been living in a cave for a while I'll just explain nicely that Absolute poker was found to have an employee (former?) cheating players (some estimates make it 7 million) by using an account that could see hole cards. I stopped following all the details after a while so I might be slightly off but it's safe to assume that ANYONE on 2+2 advising you to play on AP is just messing with you.

[edit] I don't play heads up so I don't know where to point you other than stating the obvious that Stars and Full Tilt probably have a lot of tables to choose from (though probably not the softness of pokerroom) and party poker might be good since you clearly aren't from the US (but I have no idea about Party since they dumped us Americans and I stopped reading about them).
Old 11-10-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks for enlighting me, this is only my first post on this forum, so wasn't entirely aware of the whole AP business...
Do you have a link to that piece of news?