Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of how much you like Walton (and I don't fwiw), what the Lakers lack is top-end talent. Artest is dominant defensively and a quality 3rd offensive option. He can guard 2s, 3s and a lot of 4s. Phil can handle nutjobs.

Plus, Phil's not too worried about positions anyway...you can rotate Fish/Kobe/Odom (ballhandlers) and Walton/Artest/Bynum on the floor for the bulk of the game, with the other scrubs getting spot minutes.

Regardless...my sole goal is for Kwame's contract to get turned into another quality player. Despite dire forecasts, I really think that the Lakers are one good player away from being legitimate, even in the West. Kobe's an elite talent, Odom's an All-Star, Bynum's looking better and better...one more and the team will be in solid shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, Walton is pretty huge in our offense. He's such a good facilitator for the triangle.

I agree that one more quality starter would be huge, but I'm skeptical that Kwame's contract would provide us with such a talent. And Odom definitely isn't an All-Star in terms of his production. He may have the talent, but he hasn't sustained a high level of performance for very long.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah after seeing Peja go absolutely nuts last night I definitely think Artest would be a good pickup.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't one on one defense that let Peja go off, it was help defense. Our rotations were just awful. Chris Paul would break down our defense and we would just inexplicably leave Peja to help out. It was pretty baffling, especially considering that he was on fire. A lot of times it's not the man guarding Peja that is at fault.

When the Lakers play solid defense they can play with any team.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Regardless...my sole goal is for Kwame's contract to get turned into another quality player. Despite dire forecasts, I really think that the Lakers are one good player away from being legitimate, even in the West. Kobe's an elite talent, Odom's an All-Star, Bynum's looking better and better...one more and the team will be in solid shape.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess my Jazz have 4 all stars then, right? Clearly AK, Okur, Deron, and Boozer, plus a potential all star in Brewer and Milsap. hell, harpring is all star potential too.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 PM

Odom could be an All Star fo sho.

Lakers are a decent team, I think they will get in the mid 40 as far as wins go.

Kobe still wants out though. He thinks that management sucks and they lied to him and he feels like he has been mistreated. Not even so much he wants to go to a much better team, but he just wants to be done with Mitch and the whole gang.

To the poster talking about Walton, yes yes yes. He is absolutely key. We can't trade him. If you watch the games you will realize this. Basketball doesn't have the statistical purity of baseball, Walton definitely is key to this team.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Walton definitely is key to this team.]

[/ QUOTE ]

man, you LA people do too many drugs
Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my Jazz have 4 all stars then, right? Clearly AK, Okur, Deron, and Boozer, plus a potential all star in Brewer and Milsap. hell, harpring is all star potential too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deron and Boozer are definitely All-Star level guys. AK used to be...but that was two years ago. Okur? Solid starter...but nothing worth getting excited about.

IMO, Deron>Boozer>Odom>Okur>AK in terms of present-day value, considering contract/age/production.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you realize what happens when he is not in the game. What you get is 4 statues who can't shoot, pass, or dribble and Kobe. It's awful to watch. Fisher makes things a little better because he understands the offense, but nobody can create a shot.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you realize what happens when he is not in the game. What you get is 4 statues who can't shoot, pass, or dribble and Kobe. It's awful to watch. Fisher makes things a little better because he understands the offense, but nobody can create a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

walton cant create a shot either, sorry
Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

walton cant create a shot either, sorry

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong