Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2007, 06:43 PM

Default too much?

live 12-24

UTG is a crazy drunken lagtard on a wicked downward spiral. For the last 30 minutes or so she's been playing nearly every hand and raising most of them. The whole table is watching her as she dumps rack after rack and keeps re-buying. Her basic strategy seems to be to raise and reraise PF without regards to her cards, pump the hell out of the flop if she catches any piece or any draw (sometimes actually folding if she really missed), and then usually just trying to get to showdown with any showdownable hand (probably correctly after she built up such a huge pot).

UTG+1 is also a lagtard, but he's sober and trying to play well. Fortunately, his definition of playing well is really skewed and he also has no discipline. He pretty much plays LAG PF, is semi-aggressive post-flop, and when in any doubt he just calls down to the showdown. He's trying to adjust to UTG but isn't doing a very good job - he basically just gets involved in lots of pots with her, pushes to hard with marginal hands, and cold-calls with trash.

UTG is too drunk to have an image of me, UTG+1 views me as tight and solid, but seems suspicious of me. I haven't capped a hand PF yet at this table (been playing for 3 hours or so).

PF: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG straddles (dead straddle), UTG+1 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero caps, everyone folds to UTG, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players, 13.5 SB)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players, 7.5 BB)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players, 9.5 BB)
check, check

meh? tl;dr?