Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: ask Dcifrths...well, anything...about finance/mkts/ports that is.

Do you know any successful daytraders? If so, how have they run, and do you have any specifics on returns and/or standard deviations? Have you considered day-trading?

There's a guy that is maknig a steady killing in a certain futures market doing day trading. His stats are below. I cannot reveal which market or who he trades with (all this data is confidential obv).

Cumulative $48,964,107.50
Stdev $189,344
Mean $129,193
Days 379
Hours 2653
$ / Hour $18,456.13

I have charts in excel for daily and cumulative P/L, what is best way to host them (If you want them).
Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know any successful daytraders? If so, how have they run, and do you have any specifics on returns and/or standard deviations? Have you considered day-trading?

There's a guy that is maknig a steady killing in a certain futures market doing day trading. His stats are below. I cannot reveal which market or who he trades with (all this data is confidential obv).

Stdev $189,344
Mean $129,193
Days 379
Hours 2653
$ / Hour $18,456.13

I have charts in excel for daily and cumulative P/L, what is best way to host them (If you want them).

[/ QUOTE ]

i have never considered day trading. i like being around other people and drawing insights & sharing ideas as well as just the social/comroderie (sp?) aspect of office life. i also love the structure that a job provides. when playing poker it was very difficult for me emotionally despite the success and i never liked the lifestyle.

day trading would be similar although those stats you posted are absolutely disgusting. 48MIL in 1 year of work. that is sick. especially only working exactly 7hrs/day on average.

wow.

Barron
Old 07-04-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Stdev $189,344
Mean $129,193
Days 379
Hours 2653
$ / Hour $18,456.13

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling giant [censored] on this.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stdev $189,344
Mean $129,193
Days 379
Hours 2653
$ / Hour $18,456.13

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm back at work today. I'll dig up the graphs.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stdev $189,344
Mean $129,193
Days 379
Hours 2653
$ / Hour $18,456.13

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

P/L at the end of each day

Cumulative P/L

Pretty damn insane.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:44 AM

What's really crazy about the first link is between days abuot 315 and 360. Looks like abuot 45 days of trading with no losses and with what looks like an average of about $250k a day give or take a little. About an $11million upswing!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's really crazy about the first link is between days abuot 315 and 360. Looks like abuot 45 days of trading with no losses and with what looks like an average of about $250k a day give or take a little. About an $11million upswing!

[/ QUOTE ]

so you had no real question (do you trade? how are your results? THESE ARE AWESOME!) , but a thinly veiled brag.

you further shared no insight into what is traded, how etc.

thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Barron
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Actually I was genuinely curious about you in particular for a couple of reasons:

1) I think day-trading and trading in general appeals to poker players
2) You seem to want to know everything about everything (as indicated by the TA thread)
3) I figured with 1 & 2 combined that you would have looked into day-trading as a possible option for yourself (thus talked to other day-traders and learned about the business)

The data I had was from a project here at work, and it lead to me getting curious about day-trading. When I first saw it I was blown away and I thought people here might enjoy it as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stdev $189,344
Mean $129,193
Days 379
Hours 2653
$ / Hour $18,456.13

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

P/L at the end of each day

Cumulative P/L

Pretty damn insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

What size was the portfolio/trading account at the beginning of this period?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I was genuinely curious about you in particular for a couple of reasons:

1) I think day-trading and trading in general appeals to poker players
2) You seem to want to know everything about everything (as indicated by the TA thread)
3) I figured with 1 & 2 combined that you would have looked into day-trading as a possible option for yourself (thus talked to other day-traders and learned about the business)

The data I had was from a project here at work, and it lead to me getting curious about day-trading. When I first saw it I was blown away and I thought people here might enjoy it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats fair. it seemed that you just wanted to show this and i gotta say, it looks ridiculous. i've never seen anything like that in my life and i've seen some crazy sh*t in terms of return streams.

as w/ nomad, i'd like to know how much he/she started with. and why doesn't he/she open a fund and earn 2/20 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Barron