Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Deep Thoughts; Most of you probably don\'t understand

this forum is so awesome. i wonder how people can have the logical intelligence to be good at poker but be so damn stupid otherwise. everything op says about what to do with his life comes up because he used other parts of his intelligence than the part thats calculating the ev of decisions (be it poker, finance, relationship, everything...)
almost all answers are made by nutters that do exactly what op did until he used his brain.
in northern korea people have radios installed to their kitchen walls that cannot be turned off! yes right they are brainwashed 24/7.
you guys think you live a free and whatnot life but in fact your are mental slaves just like ping pong jin from pyeongyang that happily breaks his back for his beloved leader day in day out. your beloved leader isnt kim yong ill, its just money. but in fact its the same. most of you are robots that try to achieve stuff cause you got brainwashed to want these things so bad (bigscreen tv, nice crib, big car, beautiful wife,...). its clearly an easier way of living than op cause you are almost 100% confident about what you do. ping pong jin thinks so too. hes not depressed as hes fullfilling his "prophecy". op is as he doesnt know what his prophecy is.

sure this is a poker forum and all but i think its rediculously dumb to bash someone for thinking about the real meaning of life and overcoming your heritage.

op: dont do drugs, smoke weed for 2 years now and it doesent make things better. the most important point is to have something to believe in. this is indeed very difficult if you think like you do. the other posters dont have a prob as they dont question their beliefs.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:30 AM

In answer to your question OP, yes I have realised that riches and money do not make you happy, or give your life meaning. It is clearly having someone who you love to share your life with that will bring you both happiness and meaning.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Your post is as out of place here as a crackwhore at a Martha Stewart dinnerparty. For appropriate content, please consult the recent posts involving pecker mutilation, Ask a Strip Bar Bouncer, and the ever popular "Should I hit it?," "Look at dese Juggs," or photoshopped pics of David Sklansky or Mason Malmuth involved in lewd acts. I would suggest that you move your post to the "Looky how Deep I think I am" Forum. It gets far less traffic, but you will get flamed less as well.

Thank you for your continued cooperation in making BB4Life the unique and vibrant community that it is.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 AM

hahaha, these are deep thoughts to you? That's funny. If they are expressible in words then no, they are not deep thoughts. And most of that stuff is senseless to even think/talk about to begin with, just a maze of circular thought. Once you are thinking in ways that you literally could not describe in words to another person what you actually were comprehending....then you are getting somewhere. And you got 7 years on me.....deep thoughts..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It’s hard to know about me, without first knowing how I think. YADA YADA YADA …have you?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 06-28-2007, 07:20 AM

OP

Time is an illusion. Except Hammer Time.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:35 AM

Cliff Notes:
Premature mid-life crisis and delayed teenage angst collide in ten, 'I wish life was simpler' themed paragraphs.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 AM

OP on a serious note what do you think about these guys opinion on life??
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM

Skoolya

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine thousand miles an hour.
It's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
The sun that is the source of all our power.
Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at fourteen thousand miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred million stars;
It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side;
It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
We go 'round every two hundred million years;
And our galaxy itself is one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

Our universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
In all of the directions it can whiz;
As fast as it can go, that's the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this forum is so awesome. i wonder how people can have the logical intelligence to be good at poker but be so damn stupid otherwise. everything op says about what to do with his life comes up because he used other parts of his intelligence than the part thats calculating the ev of decisions (be it poker, finance, relationship, everything...)
almost all answers are made by nutters that do exactly what op did until he used his brain.
in northern korea people have radios installed to their kitchen walls that cannot be turned off! yes right they are brainwashed 24/7.
you guys think you live a free and whatnot life but in fact your are mental slaves just like ping pong jin from pyeongyang that happily breaks his back for his beloved leader day in day out. your beloved leader isnt kim yong ill, its just money. but in fact its the same. most of you are robots that try to achieve stuff cause you got brainwashed to want these things so bad (bigscreen tv, nice crib, big car, beautiful wife,...). its clearly an easier way of living than op cause you are almost 100% confident about what you do. ping pong jin thinks so too. hes not depressed as hes fullfilling his "prophecy". op is as he doesnt know what his prophecy is.

sure this is a poker forum and all but i think its rediculously dumb to bash someone for thinking about the real meaning of life and overcoming your heritage.

op: dont do drugs, smoke weed for 2 years now and it doesent make things better. the most important point is to have something to believe in. this is indeed very difficult if you think like you do. the other posters dont have a prob as they dont question their beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the smug smartier-than-thou attitude that got the bad reaction. Heck, it's even in the title of the post! C'mon now, how is that not going to get the kick in the teeth it's begging for and deserves.

FWIW, some of the OP's post was right on the money, but it's hard to imagine a worse salesman for his ideas. That's like peeing on someone while trying to sell them lemonade.