Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: ***Girls night Thread 3/7/07***

[ QUOTE ]
You think they’re looking forward to the guys getting picked off one by one for the 6 consecutive weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not gonna happen.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM

You guys are so good with the names. I have to look up the names to see who everyone's talking about. I just remember a few key people.

For the women... I just know... vote off the first two white women who performed.

I know one of them is Haley. My wife thinks she's prettier then Antonella. She does have a more interesting face.

Antonella blows. It was by far her best performance and yet it was still pretty bad. When they replay the excerpts at the end I closed my eyes so I wouldn't be distracted by her hotness. She definitely sounds worse if you close your eyes.

Haley and Antonella should be gone.

I really think the 'shy' back-up singer is the best. She's got the yo.

I just realized something about the show... as they boot off more people, we don't have to hear the word "pitchiness" as much. Cool.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Antonella blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless you really dig the Doolittle & Lakisha style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you know...that style of being ridiculously good singers and performers. Man, I can't believe people fall for that.

You really need to invest in some Q-Tips to get the wax out of your ears.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Just because Lakisha is a good singer doesn't make her original or interesting. Do we need another diva clone who is good but is not original and not quite as good as Celine or Whitney?

Sabrina and Gina have the potential to be interesting and original in addition to being good singers. Melinda also.

Versatility on the theme shows will alter the landscape, as it always does.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because Lakisha is a good singer doesn't make her original or interesting. Do we need another diva clone who is good but is not original and not quite as good as Celine or Whitney?

Sabrina and Gina have the potential to be interesting and original in addition to being good singers. Melinda also.

Versatility on the theme shows will alter the landscape, as it always does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about Lakisha but I don't think Sabrina or Gina are very interesting/unique. I give Gina the edge but she is only unique as being a 'rocker chick' on AI, as I can't remember another one. Melinda is a bit of an enigma because of her appearance and personality but she is just so good, she deserves to be a star. Her singing is not only perfect but she puts emotion and fun into it. Her performance last night was kinda weird, though.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:54 PM

This is the first time I've seen all of the girls perform.
I think Antonella and Sabrina should be gone. Antonella obviously has the weakest voice. The judges were absolutely right that there wasn't really anything she could do to improve; her talent ceiling is just lower than everyone else's.

Sabrina is the worst of the "screamers" (I could Stephanie and LaKisha in here). I don't see the appeal of Sabrina, either her looks or her voice. I think Haley is very cute, and hope she makes the next round. But I don't think she really has a niche to fit in that has any commercial appeal.

LaKisha is a very good singer, but I'm not sure if she has a lot of range (in terms of genre). And to be very shallow, her looks are a problem. I'm not talking about her weight; her teeth are really distracting, and why is her tongue such a weird color?

Melinda is the best by far, and should clearly win the competition. Stephanie, Jordin, and Gina are all competent singers, but I don't really think they transcend they genres they've have painted themselves into. I think they will all go out in 4-9 range.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Week after week, all I hear from Gina is off-key screaming and screeching. I realise the show wants some kind of rocker alternative to all the divas, but Gina just sucks.

Haley is really cute and nice but she’s absolutely terrible, her crap last night looked like a Walt Disney theme park performance. She needs to go.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because Lakisha is a good singer doesn't make her original or interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

its supposed to be a singing competition. I don't listen to Whitney or the like... yet I don't have to like the music to recognize that it takes a very talented and strong singer to pull it off.

The one's you have labeled as "clones" are clearly the best singers in the group. You may be more interested in another singer because they sing music more to your liking or they have nicer breasts or dress more to your liking... but that has no bearing on which is the better singer.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Week after week, all I hear from Gina is off-key screaming and screeching. I realise the show wants some kind of rocker alternative to all the divas, but Gina just sucks.

Haley is really cute and nice but she’s absolutely terrible, her crap last night looked like a Walt Disney theme park performance. She needs to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gina's just doing what America likes. Women with big voices screaming. You gotta get noticed at this stage of the competition. When there are fewer singers, that is when they can do the non-screaming songs.

As for Haley, she didn't quite get the concept of the competition. She did try to stand out with her song choice last night, but the judges were against her no matter what she did and she got zero airtime aside from her singing. They just love Lakisha, Shrek, and Jordin. On the mens side they love Rishardson and are protecting him as best they can. This is just another year where the judges have their own agenda.