Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Heroes - 11-12 - Background Episode

[ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about this episode was setting up the ambiguity of good vs. evil irt Bob and Adam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or evil vs. evil or retarded vs. evil.

Yugoslav
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM

i thought this episode was meh

bob is actively neutralizing or taking control of all the "good guys" soldiers. this would allow someone like adam or sylar to have an easier time of it, or maybe make it easier to spread a plague.

obviously there is manipulation putting adam and peter within speaking distance and making it so easy to escape. adam obviously had no problem with their cell conversations being overhead (but of course there is already the plothole of mohinder not worrying about his phone conversations with noah being heard in the facility).

adam was unquestionably deceiving hiro during samurai-era japan, right? he had to figure hiro was a good guy, yet he didn't let on to his identity. meanwhile he has no problem telling peter he is 400 years old. but if he is supreme evil guy, why didn't he make sure hiro died when he had the chance? peter to hiro has always been the connection that saves the day, but adam seems intent on separating them.

if adam is working with bob why would bob reveal his identity to mohinder and matt?

i always figured the haitian could only block mental abilities. what power of sylar's did he block? i'm guessing his decision to wipe peter's memory was... in hopes of making him forget his friendly feelings for adam? i can't think of another reason other than the lame one of wanting to liberate peter from his power/life.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
adam was unquestionably deceiving hiro during samurai-era japan, right? he had to figure hiro was a good guy, yet he didn't let on to his identity. meanwhile he has no problem telling peter he is 400 years old. but if he is supreme evil guy, why didn't he make sure hiro died when he had the chance? peter to hiro has always been the connection that saves the day, but adam seems intent on separating them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Adam definitely didn't know he could heal before he met Hiro. (He clearly never cut himself shaving or whatever.) He wasn't a bad guy. He didn't know Hiro was a good guy.

[ QUOTE ]
if adam is working with bob why would bob reveal his identity to mohinder and matt?

[/ QUOTE ]Adam isn't working with Bob.

[ QUOTE ]
i always figured the haitian could only block mental abilities. what power of sylar's did he block?

[/ QUOTE ] Sylar was captured by the Haitan and Compulsion-Girl.

I want to talk about Peter HEALING from the Haitan. He had to concentrate first, but I guess that's because he had to pull-out the Claire-power. Does that mean that Claire and Adam are totally immune to the Haitan brain wash?

Before this episode, I had forgotten how bad-assed Peter could be. When he exploded in mid air, immediately flew down to catch falling Nathan, dropped him off at the hospital, and then invisibled away, it was pretty cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Would it be so hard for them to use the easy powers more? Peter should be moving objects all the friggin time; that just takes some fishing wire.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to talk about Peter HEALING from the Haitan. He had to concentrate first, but I guess that's because he had to pull-out the Claire-power. Does that mean that Claire and Adam are totally immune to the Haitan brain wash?

[/ QUOTE ] It should. But then HRG didn't know at least. I think it's a little lame that the healing power can fix Haitian brain wash.

It don't know that it's 100% established that Claire and Adam have the same power, anyway. Adam claims the company would have killed him if he could be killed, so either he has better healing than Claire, he is lying, or there is (another [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) plot hole.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM

The title of the episode was "Four Months Ago" Do intentionally whiteout chapter names when reading a book?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 PM

OK...

- what is the [censored] point of LOL DL IS ALIVE NO PSYCH HE IS DEAD AGAIN.

- why the [censored] must we rehash the Ali Larter parts from last year. This [censored] moved the plot NOWHERE.

- Kristen Bell is NOMNOMNOM. WTF did Adam do with her 6 years ago (when clearly she was underage?). Naughty imo.

- [censored], The Mexicans. Kinda interesting actually, but I still don't give a [censored].

This wasn't really bad, it just didn't do nearly enough for the plot. I'm annoyed that the reason Peter lost his memory was the most obvious one possible.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- what is the [censored] point of LOL DL IS ALIVE NO PSYCH HE IS DEAD AGAIN.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the point was to explain why Nikki is now in the pocket of the company. Her refusal to take their meds led to DL's death, so she was finally convinced to submit to them completely to cure herself and protect Micah.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Kristen Bell is NOMNOMNOM. WTF did Adam do with her 6 years ago (when clearly she was underage?). Naughty imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they going to do, lock him up?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM

LOL,

I'm just more shocked that a show on NBC at 9 PM would imply something like that, although I would wager it's more likely they didn't realize what they were doing, because this show is written by ingrates.

bobbyi,

But I think we felt like Nikki was functionally redeemed at the end of last season. Basically in 20 minutes they made her evil again (kidna) and then uneviled her again. I mean it's a cute story, but couldn't we use those 20 minutes to do something other than spin our wheels?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Kristen Bell is NOMNOMNOM. WTF did Adam do with her 6 years ago (when clearly she was 21?).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP