Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 AM

Default More Detroit poker info

MGM
I heard from another person that they plan to cater to the higher limit players. I'm sure that no one will know exactly what will happen until they open, but I don't think that idea will last...although I like it. They still only plan on having 8 tables

Greektown
I met a friend there and walked into the poker room very briefly on a weeknight, around 8pm. Most the tables looked to be full, however I don't think they had a $5-10NL game going. Table 1 was a $300 max game and that used to be the bigger game in the past. I admit that I didn't look hard for one.

Motor City
I talked to the poker room manager and he said that the e-tables would be gone in about a month, month and a half because they will be remodeling. I don't know if they'll be back or not, but it doesn't look like they need 2 of these tables since they're rarely full from what I can see. He said they they've petitioned management to add more tables, but that hasn't been approved as of yet. Time will tell, but hopefully they'll get more tables in there before MGM opens. I like the place a lot and think management does a good job. I'm not sure how long that online reservation system will last since it seems to upset a lot of other players. One thing that would be great would be if they somehow allowed people that play a lot to use the signature lounge!