Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

[ QUOTE ]
I live in NYC. I ran in the streets for years. This isn't Maine, New Hampshire or Washington. This is NYC. I'm clean & sober for alot of years but I have been around the block for awhile. I'm telling you that Phil Laak didn't have the connections to sell dope here. The story is nonsense. What you guys did in the country has nothing to do with NY, this is a different place. Different people, different rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every post makes you sound more and more naive. You make it sound like the only people who sell drugs in NEW YORK [censored] CITY are gang bangers and the only people who do them are homeless bums and crack whores on the side of the street. PEOPLE FROM ALL SOCIAL CLASSES AND RACES USE AND SELL DRUGS. And besides the point the amount of raw thai heroin this whole scuffle is rumoured to be over could easily be sold at most universities in the city.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every post makes you sound more and more naive. You make it sound like the only people who sell drugs in NEW YORK [censored] CITY are gang bangers and the only people who do them are homeless bums and crack whores on the side of the street. PEOPLE FROM ALL SOCIAL CLASSES AND RACES USE AND SELL DRUGS. And besides the point the amount of raw thai heroin this whole scuffle is rumoured to be over could easily be sold at most universities in the city.

[/ QUOTE ]

John Delorean, case in point. And what was the name of that flick from about 10 years ago about that high-class NYC drug dealer in NYC ? Making the rounds to the multi-million $ condos and townhouses ... seemed like a realistic flick to me.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i know. I just get so frustrated that someone can level these accusations and dodge the important questions. Tom has not directly provided any evidence that he supposedly has. How hard is it to scan the said affidavits and host the images somewhere. Instead what we get is, wed' it's coming, then friday. Speculating is fine, but i WANT evidence not hot air. I think we all deserve that. Have we found out about matching IP's yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's email and telephone number are on his website. You're more than free to contact him directly (as I did) if you have questions. I don't think he owes an answer to every single person who posts a question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think he does. He has put himself out there with outlandish accusations and not produced proof. I will not call him, or email him. HE CHOSE TO POST THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. This thread is full of speculation, all i want is the facts and evidence to support his claims so we can all judge both parties FOR OURSELVES. All we seem to be getting is, yeah it's coming, it's coming. You may be happy with that, but i am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he should answer every question that get's put on here? Yes, it's a public forum, but that doesn't mean he has to, or has the time to, pay attention to everything that is said. Just wait for the information to come and stop being such a meat head.

Breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Meathead", thank you for your intelligent input. Anything else to add Mr. Intelligent?

As long as Tom chooses to use this forum for his personal vendetta, then Yes, i expect him to answer questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm he actually has a website for his personal vendetta. Someone else started this thread and he popped in to provide input and part of his side of the case. He obviously has trouble speaking english and is trying to get his entire story on paper as clear and concise as he can so minute details cant be picked out to "prove" it false. I suggest you stop clicking the reload page button every 5 minutes all day everyday, go smoke a bowl and chill the [censored] out. He owes you nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took the words out of my mouth.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM

Kyle,

Exactly. He's likely a guy who has been around rougher areas of NYC, where gangs control the streets after dark, neighborhoods people certainly wouldn't want to raise a family in. Perhaps he believes that the massive drug distribution starts from those areas, but he's wrong. Many of those "ghetto supastar homeboiz" are nothing but middlemen themself. There are drugs in every neighborhood, they are also sold by every social class, and a good number of them are people you would otherwise never suspect. Heck, some are pleasant family going guys making extra cash, that's the reality of how prevalent drugs are.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Oh my God....Kyle, trust me I'm a grown ass 35 year old man. I am not naive. Believe me. I know that people of all social classes use drugs. I used them for years. I've been locked up. I ran in the streets for years and I don't come from a ghetto, I come from a working class neighborhood. I have friends from every walk of lfe, some really rich some really poor. I have seen people involved in every aspect of every game you cold imagine, white, black yellow and green. I have played in the same clubs that Laak comes from. I know people he ran with. Theres no chance he was involved in a scheme to import dope, it's just silly. The whole story is silly, nothing adds up. The amount of raw thai dope they are talking about isn't anywhere near the risk or expense it would cost for him to set up a legitimate import/export business as a front. Before you start telling me how silly and naive I am you should consider where I'm coming from. I'm not talking about something I read in Time magazine or googled, I am talking about things I have experienced in my own life. If the story involved Laak setting up shop in New Hampshire then your point might be valid, but in terms of this situation, in regards to this story, it's just wrong. No chance Laak had anything to do with smuggling dope.

Just curious mindstatez, how easy is it to cop a bundle of dope in Garden City? If we were talking about a few pounds of pot or an ounce of coke, I say no problem but heroin is a different world. I know kids from your town that were dope fiends. They drove to the L.E.S. to cop. If I was 17 and lived with my mom then you could accuse me of being naive. If I was raised in East New York then we could talk about gangs ruling the streets. And I agree, there are alot of guys in the drug game who are just family men trying to get ahead. They aint sellin dope. Heroin is a filthy business.

Delorean? Not even a comparison, he was gonna finance a large drug deal, he wasn't trying to smuggle an ounce of dope us his azz.

My whole point was that as far as this story, it's just nonsense. Does not compute.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh my God....Kyle, trust me I'm a grown ass 35 year old man. I am not naive. Believe me. I know that people of all social classes use drugs. I used them for years. I've been locked up. I ran in the streets for years and I don't come from a ghetto, I come from a working class neighborhood. I have friends from every walk of lfe, some really rich some really poor. I have seen people involved in every aspect of every game you cold imagine, white, black yellow and green. I have played in the same clubs that Laak comes from. I know people he ran with. Theres no chance he was involved in a scheme to import dope, it's just silly. The whole story is silly, nothing adds up. The amount of raw thai dope they are talking about isn't anywhere near the risk or expense it would cost for him to set up a legitimate import/export business as a front. Before you start telling me how silly and naive I am you should consider where I'm coming from. I'm not talking about something I read in Time magazine or googled, I am talking about things I have experienced in my own life. If the story involved Laak setting up shop in New Hampshire then your point might be valid, but in terms of this situation, in regards to this story, it's just wrong. No chance Laak had anything to do with smuggling dope.

Just curious mindstatez, how easy is it to cop a bundle of dope in Garden City? If we were talking about a few pounds of pot or an ounce of coke, I say no problem but heroin is a different world. I know kids from your town that were dope fiends. They drove to the L.E.S. to cop. If I was 17 and lived with my mom then you could accuse me of being naive. If I was raised in East New York then we could talk about gangs ruling the streets. And I agree, there are alot of guys in the drug game who are just family men trying to get ahead. They aint sellin dope. Heroin is a filthy business.

Delorean? Not even a comparison, he was gonna finance a large drug deal, he wasn't trying to smuggle an ounce of dope us his azz.

My whole point was that as far as this story, it's just nonsense. Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa wait a minute here. I never said I believed this story to be true. I have never met phil laak in real life and to tell you the truth he annoys the [censored] out of me. And you seem to have some first hand knowledge that makes you believe he wouldnt have done it. The only argument I was refuting was the fact that you said NO WHITE DUDE like Phil laak could sell heroin in new york like the story was claiming. Which is obviously not true because as stated before this literally isn't and extremely high end drug deal. Sure its a lot of [censored] dope esp after being cut, but it is ridiculous to think there aren't any white dealers selling this amount in NYC especially this small of an amount.
fwiw I think something sketchy def. happened between these two but i have a hard time believing the allegations just from what has been presented, and the fact that with what little judgemental knowledge I have of phil laaks personality from tv I have a hard time believing he did something like this. But then again I really have no [censored] idea so I'm just gonna sit back and watch the story unravel before forming a true opinion.

sorry bout terrible grammar multitabling
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM

FishOuttaWater,

By the way, brother, doesn't the "streets" which you're so familiar with carry like a code of silence? I mean it is one thing to drop a little knowledge, but you sound well versed w/ the entire east coast drug dealing infrastructure. Make sure your blinds are drawn at the very least, them feds be having binoculars.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 PM

The only blinds I worry about are the ones I post mindstatez, those days are long gone I am Joe Citizen. I'm giving my opinion on a public story nothing more nothing less. The worse things the feds would see if they peeked through my windows is my chubby white azz watching a lil Jenna Jameson film festival with my old lady....grant it she might be hog tied and covered in latex but dont worry we have a safe word.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 PM

Haha I'm not sure why but I like you. However, I'd prefer Carmen Luvana over JJ anyday.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 PM

My girl has a thing for Jenna so who am I to argue? BTW do you play live much? I know the L.I. scene pretty well.