Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Who here finished college in 4 years?

Currently in my 4th year and already 1 semester behind before the semester started. I failed my acct exam last week and now it looks like i will be 1 year behind. So instead of graduating in Spring 2008 and what i thoguth would be fall 2008, i will graduate in spring 2009. I might even be a 6th year senior if i keep on failing my accounting classes.

I really dont get how most people graduate on time when the workload just gets harder and harder unless of course you are really bright. I consider myself average in terms of intelligence but i am lazy.

I also have a lot of friends who study accounting and they think its a shame that i am so behind when they graduating on time which would be in spring of 2008. However, none of them really live it up really and some friends tell me i should be only focused on studying. I should not be doing anything else at all. What kind of life is that right even though I am in my 4th year?

Someone also who in another forum is a CPA now said that he regretted busting his ass in his last semester to finish his accounting degree on time and said he wished he would have lived it up his last semester instead.

I HATE ACCOUTNING.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Who here finished college in 4 years?

Ya man, accounting is soooo tough. All those crazy numbers!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:23 PM

I did. All my friends did (except the ones who graduated in 3 years). I really don't get how anyone doesn't. Outside of a few majors at tough schools, college is [censored] easy.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 PM

You will probably hate accounting more once you figure out an undergrad accounting degree really means nothing if you want to go into public practice and getting an accounting job in private industry doesn't have the same growth potential.

Most firms want you to have a Masters in either Tax or Audit/Advisory. Plus you need something like this to fulfill the education requirement for CPA certification.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:54 PM

Hey to anyone who did marketing as their major, how is it? I might consider changing my major to marketing because it seems to be a major that is more "fun" though i know that should not be the word i should be using. What do you do with a marketing degree? I just know that accountants just stay in their cubicle doing taxes and numbers all day.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 PM

uh...its ridiculously easy to graduate in 4 years
Old 10-19-2007, 08:03 PM

well thats assuming if you are those "smart" people. I heard a statistic that said 63 percent takes more than 4 years.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well thats assuming if you are those "smart" people. I heard a statistic that said 63 percent takes more than 4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most people in college also shouldn't be in college. There is really little reason for me having gone except to take time to discover gambling.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 PM

most good colleges have 4-yr graduation rates of 90% or higher. state schools, even good ones have lower #s, but most people I've met seem to do it.

Those figures like the 63% you cite probably include people in community college, those that drop out after one year, etc.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 PM

at ohio state almost every major is at least 5 years minimum