Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: WSOP Dealers Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are the dealers getting screwed on what they are getting (paid) like they did last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they are keeping their own in cash games so they can't get screwed the same way as last year, and I doubt there has been a distribution yet of any tournament tokes.

Personally I decided to skip the WSOP this year -- I'm dealing at the Venetian to avoid the grief.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a side note, I've had dealers at the Venetian that have run the gamut, from almost total newbie that had no idea of the house rules, to downright excellent guys. Guess their series is like a mini-wsop so they had to do a lot of hiring.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are the dealers getting screwed on what they are getting (paid) like they did last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they are keeping their own in cash games so they can't get screwed the same way as last year, and I doubt there has been a distribution yet of any tournament tokes.

Personally I decided to skip the WSOP this year -- I'm dealing at the Venetian to avoid the grief.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a side note, I've had dealers at the Venetian that have run the gamut, from almost total newbie that had no idea of the house rules, to downright excellent guys. Guess their series is like a mini-wsop so they had to do a lot of hiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it can depend on when you get them also. yesterday i just had a terrible day. Didn't make any mistakes that cost anyone anything, but I just kept screwing up numbers left and right, I'm not usually like that, but if I dealt to you yesterday there is a good chance you didn't think much of me. But next time I'll be on my game -- I promise.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 PM

The experience and skill of the dealers at the WSOP is varied. Some of the best and worst dealers are at the WSOP. Some of the newer dealers need to slow down to prevent mistakes. I appreciate speed but not if it will result in error.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:49 PM

so far the dealers are pretty good this year. i think allowing them to keep tokes in cash games is keeping the better ones around.

i had a few who were suspect in PLHE, but i helped them out and the table was forgiving. i was amazed that so many players/dealers/floorstaff had a tough time understanding the math in how to raise in PLHE...

thankfully i don't play anything but holdem, because i know that the other games are going to be rough. nowadays with the WSOP so huge, there's no way to avoid this. there has to be so many dealers and it's impossible to have enough that have enough experience at every single game.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:03 AM

Had a wild time at the 75/150 O8 game. Tommy, from the Wynn, once again proved his excellence in dealing. I was actually tipping $2 a hand (something I never do) to reward that excellence. Other dealers were pretty bad. Many miss-deals and exposed cards. Most would sit there and stare confusedly at the final board and wait for the players to tell them what to do. Lots of shenanigans.