Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: OOT encouraging crime?

I absolutely hate anything that glorifies dangerous/drunken/illegal/bad driving. People think it's funny and cool. It's not. It's sick and imbecilic.

Badly driven cars kill thousands and thousands of people worldwide every year. But people somehow still find it socially acceptable to make jokes about it. It's [censored] sick. I daresay the laws of averages suggest a 2+2er will be killed in a road accident this year. If it's one of the people contributing to a thread like the OOT one, screw them, they reap what they sow. But if their reckless idiocy kills some other poor bastard, well, then that's just [censored] obscene beyond words.

If my sister or dad were killed by a young punk not taking care in a vehicle I'd gladly do time for taking a baseball bat to his face.

Anyway, upcoming OOT threads: "How to get away with feeling-up 9 year olds", and "Safe ways to shoot up", and "Top tips for bomb-building". None of these are any less ridiculous IMO.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, upcoming OOT threads: "How to get away with feeling-up 9 year olds", and "Safe ways to shoot up", and "Top tips for bomb-building". None of these are any less ridiculous IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you feel if I started a "Good ideas for Al-Qaeda plots on U.S. soil" thread?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these things is not like the others. The fact that you can't see that makes me question your overall judgment.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 PM

ive wanted to start that thread in El Diablo Forum for a while, but have been refraining. Maybe I'll do it now that I see I'm not the only one interested in the topic.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these things is not like the others.

The fact that you can't see that makes me question your overall judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Mason that's such a lame post mate.

Ok, so shooting-up is a bad example because, unlike the other activities, it primarily effects only the (ab)user and not other people. Fine. Good catch. Top marks. But pompously shoving that down my throat and patronising me with your "question your overall judgement" schtick is just petty and beneath you.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Hey, I can overreact just as much as you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM

I can sorta see where Chomp and Phil are coming from. If a poster lost a loved one due to some nutty driver their irritation would be even further justified.

Nevertheless, running from the cops is a part of American culture, considering our love affair with the automobile. Previous threads on how to dodge a helicopter (usually born from threads following live police chases) were similar and quite interesting, as well.

At one time or another in our lives, the majority of us fantasize about breaking the law and getting away with it. And for most guys with functioning testicles it often involves fast cars, not young boys or mass murder. It's fun to talk about but most of us are not going to start mowing down civilians due to being pumped up from an OOT thread. Driving like a maniac is already part of somebody's nature or it isn't.

That said, I suppose some of the really young posters here may be influenced by the topic. However, video games and racing movies are far more likely to encourage this behavior than a few guys talking on the net. Auto-related deaths are a price we pay for the convenience of rapid transit.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:06 PM

Jesus Christ, the thread is not about condoning going 110 in a 25. There are plenty of us -- probably most -- who go fast enough over the speed limit to get a ticket, but to not be terribly dangerous. 75 or 80 in a 55 or 60 on a wide open interstate isn't likely to hurt anyone. So talking about how to avoid getting snared by a speed trap or a hidden cop who flicks on his radar as you pass is not the same as saying HEY EVERYONE LET'S MOW DOWN SCHOOLKIDS IN A CROSSWALK.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HEY EVERYONE LET'S MOW DOWN SCHOOLKIDS IN A CROSSWALK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea niss. I know what I'm doing tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM

can we have a "Mowing Down Schoolkids" forum?