Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: citanul let\'s do it

Cit, thanks for the note. I appreciate your help on all this and I feel like we all make a good team. If things get out of hand again perhaps we can add you permanently to the team. It looks like bbv/b4l racism BS has subsided and we are back on track.

I think the best transition for now is to Mat and Ryan to remove you from the list of mods and I will leave a brief note thanking you in the b4l sticky for the hard work you've done.

I think we all learned something from this experience

gw
Old 02-27-2007, 04:22 PM

GW,

S'all good bro, happy to help out.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Update: I just wanna say bbv has been amazing lately and required almost no moderation. Thanks again to Citanul for helping out.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM

Cit

Nice work, very well done.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:17 PM

tom1 0893420984312-9308412-398412903841-2 is finally gone

link

to HIV: "Seriously dude, I'm like 45 minutes away, I'd love to choke the [censored] out of you and kick your teeth out. Not even kidding."

He just got tempbanned 3 days ago and warned by cit for basically saying the same thing that if it happened again he would be permad. I really don't understand why people are so dumb.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update: I just wanna say bbv has been amazing lately and required almost no moderation. Thanks again to Citanul for helping out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks also to the Game Show Network for airing the right episode of High Stakes Poker at the right time. What better way to get people's attention off mod issues than the swarm of charity donations thanks to LOL donkaments.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2007, 03:25 PM

1st day mason55 is back from his tempban, he posts an important racism announcement with these images:

I locked and deleted and gave him 5 days with a note that it his last chance before permaban.

I think I am now a convert to the 'keep it quiet/punish repeat offenders severely' school of modding
Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM

Gild,

I just wanted to take a sec and say that not only do I think that you (and Adanthar) do a very good job modding BBV/4L. As both are incredibly community-based forums I think you do a great job of wrangling the herd while still being able to be a part of, and make, jokes. In everything that is visible to the public, you are friendly and lighthearted - which means you do an excellent job of keeping "business" in the backend. You manage to make the forum better not just by posting, nor by modding, but also as a moderator-poster as a seperate kind of thing. The only other thing that I've seen on these boards that came close was when OOT was sort of "cult-of-[censored]," but your approach allows the forum to not be about you or your moderation.

So keep up the good work, all the BB forums readers appreciate it.

c
Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gild,

I just wanted to take a sec and say that not only do I think that you (and Adanthar) do a very good job modding BBV/4L. As both are incredibly community-based forums I think you do a great job of wrangling the herd while still being able to be a part of, and make, jokes. In everything that is visible to the public, you are friendly and lighthearted - which means you do an excellent job of keeping "business" in the backend. You manage to make the forum better not just by posting, nor by modding, but also as a moderator-poster as a seperate kind of thing. The only other thing that I've seen on these boards that came close was when OOT was sort of "cult-of-[censored]," but your approach allows the forum to not be about you or your moderation.

So keep up the good work, all the BB forums readers appreciate it.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot cit. That means a lot from you who I respect a lot as a mod and as someone who tells it like it is.

On a sidenote, you kicked ass in bbv/b4l and I think bbv is warming up to you.

z