Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Stars PL .5/1 Full Ring - Standard TPTK fold?

I had just 30 hands or so on villain and he was 35/15 or thereabouts - no other reads so effectively i knew nothing about him.

I dont think ive ever played full ring on Stars, and i havent played cash there in ages so ive no idea how the games play - but i guess folding here is standard, or does anyone normally stack off here?

Convertor is funky for some reason. Hand is here too.

Im MPC with AdKd.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($50.35)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($317.30)</font>
UTG ($79)
UTG+1 ($93)
MP1 ($89.65)
MP2 ($126.80)
<font color="#C00000">MPC ($101.95)</font>
CO ($113.85)
Button ($75.75)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MPC raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $4, BB calls $3.50, MP2 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($18) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MPC bets $11</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $29</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MPC ???
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Stars PL .5/1 Full Ring - Standard TPTK fold?

As played, I think a fold seems good. You are behind any made hand except maybe AQ and AT, neither of which seem as likely as JJ, 99, AJ, J9, or even A9s. Most spade draws have excellent equity vs your TPTK, like JsTs. So, unless he interpreted your $11 cb as weakness and is trying to c/r-steal, then you are probably behind enough to fold to the c/r.

It might be good to bet a little more on the flop just to avoid tempting somebody from c/r'ing light. I think a bet of at least $15 or even $18 might be better if I plan to fold to a c/r.

If stacks were deeper or the pot smaller, then I'd probably call the c/r and see what happens on the turn since flush/straight draws are certainly in his c/r'ing range, there would be plenty of chips left to play with, and I'd have position as well as a backdoor flush draw to go with TPTK. But in the OP, you just don't have enough chips. I think you can't call the c/r without pretty well committing to stacking off on a blank turn when he bets again. And a flop push seems bad since worse hands can fold, and better ones get your stack as a huge favorite.