Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Thurs night NCAA football

Knife fight to the death for $5 yo?????

Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 PM

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here. TLT among his long winded responses and attacks on others has said some things that make sense, and in my opinion wins more than a lot of people do. Now, is he cocky. Yes. Does he have many issues and extremely important theories wrong. Again Yes.

Now, I dont know TLT, or even care about who/what he is. If hes lying so be it. However, I was going to wait till my POOHBAH post to make this point, but Ill go slighty into my point now. Since poohbah may never come because I only post in this forum.

THERE IS NOT ONLY 1 WAY TO SKIN A CAT! I know there are a ton of extremely smart people here and many many winners here. But, I have found that many people here rely solely on mathematics based models and not much else. Can you win this way, of course and many of you do. However, there are other ways and better ways in my opinion. In my personal opinion right now, there is nothing better than reading lines, predicting line movement, following good and bad steam. And do you know why? Because there are thousands of mathematics based cappers around right now. How many lines based people are there? I can name a few. Fezzik for 1. Cutter on LVA. RickJA. Just to name a few. Furthermore, RICK BEATS WA LINES!!! Hes a tout, ok whatever, touts are bad and are liars, etc, etc. But I know hes doing it, b/c I have learned similar methods and I do it also.

I work 14 hours a day most of the time and I still do this and win most of the time. KABOXSHED knows some of the things I do and hopefully he can vouch for me here.

That being said, though I do not practice this method. I firmly believe that a person can hit 54% over large amounts of picks by simply doing nothing but line shopping and I THINK??? that is what Thremp does, but does anyone really know what he does? If you can consistent beat the closing line by a point or more, the sides dont matter.

MY POINT HERE IS, TLT says some things that make sense, and he does have a very boston type approach to betting. Can everyone do it...no almost nobody can do it, and thats why if you can you are good. Now, you also have to knowledge about more than just "your" way to win. But nobody has all the knowledge. Nobody knows all the ways to win. I cant tell you the first damn thing about the in-depth statistical debates many of you guys get into. Does that mean I suck, or can not win? No it doesnt.

Im sure someone will flame me here for some grammatical error or pick something out of context here and call me stupid. Thats fine, but please understand my only point here. You can win at more than just 1 method. You dont agree with my method, or TLT method, or dont understand it. That doesnt mean it doesnt work....BUT AT THE SAME TIME, myself and TLT have to understand the basic sportsbetting fundamentals. I know its a fault of mine, and its definetly a fault of TLT, I think hes got some sort of "overthinking" method where he needs the fundamentals less....who knows.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 PM

TLT may have some super-duper winning method and powers of observation.
But hasn't he also stated that pretty much everyone on here are losers and don't know what they're doing just because they take a more math-based approach?

If he didn't say as much I apologize but I really don't feel like reading through all his posts right now to find it.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Im not trying to defend him as a person. Im defending him as a Sportsbettor, b/c he probably has something to offer. If I went out to dinner with him and spoke strictly sports I bet I would learn a lot. Is he a [censored], yea he is. His point in laymans terms (atleast i think). Mathematicians are a dime a dozen. In his opinion (not necessarily mine) he believes the book have more information than any statistics based model could have. An example everyone knows is dr. bob. I think there is something besides his model that is sour, but thats a whole different thread probably.

Edit: I wanted to make it clear that I dont agree with TLT regarding mathematicians completely, because I know their are people that win using it. I think he was trying to say, that you can win that way, and doing so, used to be thinking outside of the box, just like a new super duper method will be someday, but now its just standard thinking. Market inefficiencies never last forever, everyone knows that. Thinking outside of the box is always better than the norm, isn't that why we fade the public?

Double Edit: The thing I hate most about poker its an ENORMOUS pissing match. I despise that about it. And sometimes in sports betting it becomes one to. Its expected when people are trying to maintain and edge over one another, and yes that occurs in SB. This thread is 100 posts along and a lot of its a pissing match. I am not trying to add to it. Im not trying to say, look at me, Im so cool or amazing. I honestly dont give a [censored]. Ive probably give out more losers here than winners. Sorry. I rarely ever brag, sometimes you have to everyone does. Bottom line: Im not trying to piss on anyone here.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 PM

Rush, I don't think most on here have a problem with him saying he's a winner. I think he even makes a few decent points in some spots. I think people have problems with:

A) Him being a dick to everyone
B) Him saying everyone else must be a loser b/c they don't agree with him
C) Him making some pretty ridiculous claims that, if true, would make him probably the biggest documented winner on a % basis in the history of sportsbetting

And the combination of B & C together are things that make everyone question his general level of credibility on any and every point he makes.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Rush,

What makes you think Tlt is a winning sports bettor? With all of his outrageous claims, I'd guess that he isn't. He hasn't shown a winning record and mostly just goes on about how great he is. He's shown nothing other than flame and make idiotic statements about statistics. I have yet to see much that he really offers to the forum. Then again, I just hate seeing the forum cluttered with squares. This should be a place to advance theories and exchange information just like the poker forums are.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 PM

RB,

There are many people on this forum who are respected, Im not gonna call anyone out. Who do B ALLL THE TIME and dont get any flak for it. Now, you are correct that combining B and C makes it much worse.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:56 PM

Hedgie,

Saying that he is a winning sportsbettor may have been saying something different than what I meant. What I meant to say, is that if he is truly able to apply properly the good information have I have seen him post then he has the ability to be a winner. I dont think anyone here can debate that WaterOlay has the ability to be a winning bettor...is he? Certainly not, hope this makes more sense.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 PM

rush...my problem is that he made a few statements in his Wisky-

PSU analysis that were outright wrong

I showed how they were wrong

he attacked me and was a jagbag about it all just because he was too proud to admit he was wrong

i was done with him after that
Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 PM

I understand why you guys dont like him. I was simply trying to point out, that he makes some good points. Because I completely wrote him off and read nothing he said, b/c I saw everyone elses posts about him. Then when I did go back and read his ridiculously long posts, he said some good things. He likes to be in pissing contests and that is probably the reason he isnt a winner longterm, even though he could be.
Closed Thread