Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Two friends at a very low buy-in SnG will it cause problems?

Hope this is the right forum, not sure if it belonged here or in STT. Also, this is not a disguised attempt at figuring out how to cheat Pokerstars or any other site so I hope the topic is okay, if it is not and needs deleted I will understand.

So, me and a friend are thinking of playing SnG together on PS, we will just be playing a $1 STT which I'll open on the side while I have other SnG going just for fun really. I fully intend to play as if I do not know him, I will play hands exactly the same as I would against anyone else, and I will instruct him to do the same. We are not going to be talking on the side, colluding for an hour and a half to gain an unfair advantage at winning the $5 or whatever.

Anyways will this be a problem, will it raise flags if we are always signing in to the same tourney together? I will have 4 $10 STT going for myself, which he will never be in because he doesn't actually wanna play for "big" money lol. Also like I said I'll be playing the hands the same against him and everyone else, so if anyone says anything the PS support team will be able to investigate and see that I didn't make any funny plays just cause my friend was involved.

My only fear is that they would notice us playing a lot together, and despite the fact that we're only playing for a dollar they would somehow decide to freeze my whole account.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Two friends at a very low buy-in SnG will it cause problems?

Can't see the problem providing you are not using the same IP address.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hope this is the right forum, not sure if it belonged here or in STT. Also, this is not a disguised attempt at figuring out how to cheat Pokerstars or any other site so I hope the topic is okay, if it is not and needs deleted I will understand.

So, me and a friend are thinking of playing SnG together on PS, we will just be playing a $1 STT which I'll open on the side while I have other SnG going just for fun really. I fully intend to play as if I do not know him, I will play hands exactly the same as I would against anyone else, and I will instruct him to do the same. We are not going to be talking on the side, colluding for an hour and a half to gain an unfair advantage at winning the $5 or whatever.

Anyways will this be a problem, will it raise flags if we are always signing in to the same tourney together? I will have 4 $10 STT going for myself, which he will never be in because he doesn't actually wanna play for "big" money lol. Also like I said I'll be playing the hands the same against him and everyone else, so if anyone says anything the PS support team will be able to investigate and see that I didn't make any funny plays just cause my friend was involved.

My only fear is that they would notice us playing a lot together, and despite the fact that we're only playing for a dollar they would somehow decide to freeze my whole account.

Thanks for any input.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing to do would be to email PokerStars support. From personal experience I've played plenty with friends online, and I've never had a problem. We also never share card information, never take it easy on each, and treat each other like any other player with the occasisonal $%^& talking on the side at each other.

As long as there is no collaboration, I would think, you should be fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM

Don't softplay each other either. If you do and someone reports you you won't be able to play with each other anymore. I've turned someone in for this before and Stars took away their ability to play together.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 PM

My brother and I play in the same SnGs alot and its never been a problem.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways will this be a problem, will it raise flags if we are always signing in to the same tourney together?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It raises flags. If you have a good explanation, you'll be able to handle that.

Being pro-active is always going to be better for you than waiting for a problem.