Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Sopranos 4/8???

i like the one before that.. something like "yeah you blew guys under it" and then bobby shoots that look
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Was anyone else disappointed that Tony didn't come home to find the house a total mess from AJ's party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was odd. They set it up so that it looked like something might happen and nothing did. They never went back to the house. Not sure why they had that call-home scene in there at all.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM

what do you guys think about the dna comment bobby made followed by the focus on the ripping of his shirt at the end? dead end or is he in trouble?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Was anyone else disappointed that Tony didn't come home to find the house a total mess from AJ's party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was odd. They set it up so that it looked like something might happen and nothing did. They never went back to the house. Not sure why they had that call-home scene in there at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe just to show that AJ is still moving down the same path, or just to highlight his new(ish) relationship a little.

BTW was he having sex in his parents' bed? That's what seemed to be occuring, and that's totally weird.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 PM

I think that David Chase does a fantastic job of setting up the obvious and never going for it. That's the beauty of The Sopranos.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe just to show that AJ is still moving down the same path, or just to highlight his new(ish) relationship a little.

BTW was he having sex in his parents' bed? That's what seemed to be occuring, and that's totally weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wtf? I didn't get that.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No need to delete this thread, as the old one is gone.

Thing about the Sopranos is that, due to the long delay between seasons, you forget just how slow the show is. The issues between Bobby and Tony are interesting, but the scenes in the lake house could have been cut in half.

Admittedly, a lot of today's shows move way too fast (e.g., 24), but this is taking the opposite extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the scene in which they were playing board games, gradually getting drunker and drunker, or about the lake house scenes in general? I thought the board games scene was brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the entire thing was very slow. Not only the board game scene but some of the other beach house scenes. They were doing nothing for advancing the plot. We didn't need the long board game scene to know where it was going. It seemed obvious to me those two were headed down that road.

[/ QUOTE ]

the main "plot" of the show is the character of Tony Soprano, period. And this episode advanced that beautifully.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Sapranos is a wonderfully written show. Don't get me wrong. I just don't think this episode was one of the best. The scene of carmella and tony's sister sitting by the lake seemed pretty worthless. I'm not a writer so I don't know what I am talking about but can a character be a plot?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wtf? I didn't get that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never done it, but I thought it was standard for anyone having a house party.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that David Chase does a fantastic job of setting up the obvious and never going for it. That's the beauty of The Sopranos.

[/ QUOTE ]

The convention of the obvious setup/continuing story is mocked brilliantly in Arrested Development.

The episode was much better than expected.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 PM

is it just me or is this episode extremely boring?