Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: ***Official Week 1 FFB Bitch/Brag Thread***

Brag - Balt defense

Brag - neither of my WRs have played (Santana and Randy Moss both play Monday night), yet I already won this week.

Brag - the second best QB performance in my league was by Kurt Warner, my starting QB.

Beat - the best QB performance was by Donovan McNabb, my bench warmer.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:34 PM

(Scoring only [longer TDs or TDs out of position = more points, overall yardage counts for jack], 12 team dynasty league)

Bitch: Started Delhomme (21-39 for 186, no TDs, 1 INT), considered Plummer (13/26 for 138, no TDs, 3 INT), sat Pennington (24/33 for 319, 2 TDs). Cut Grossman (18/26 for 262, 1 TD, 1 INT) to get down to 3 QB roster limit. If I thought I could get any damn thing in trade for Plummer (I'd take a garbage pick in next year's rookie draft), I'd trade him off and pick Grossman back up. Even if Plummer strings some decent games together by the trade deadline, Grossman will be picked up by then.

Bitch: Cadillac Williams (8 for 22, 5 for 25 rec, no TDs). Was going to start Caddy and Julius Jones (17 for 72, 1 TD, 1 for 39 rec), sat JJ for my lone bright spot, Frank Gore (16 for 87, 2 TDs, 6 for 83 rec). Since Dom Davis went down in preseason, my other two backs are just waiver wire guys that would get a shot if the starter goes down (Verron Hayes, Michael Turner). Was hoping to pull off a trade for Westbrook, but haven't heard back, and it's not looking good. Please God let Caddy return to 2005 early season form, let Julius Jones keep his job, and let Gore continue to dominate.

Bitch: Joe Horn (2 for 25, no TDs). What the hell, man? Picked him up for a 2nd round pick in next year's rookie draft, wanting some short-term WR depth. With Darrell Jackson (5 for 47, no TDs) and Drew Bennett (8 for 106, no TDs) both supposedly dinged up, went with Horn and Larry Fitzgerald (9 for 133, no TDs). Thank God I grabbed Marques Colston (4 for 49, 1 TD) as my fifth WR last week, I think he's got potential to be one of the best rookie WRs this year... Antonio Gates-like size (big plus with Drew Brees at QB), apparently a big reason NO traded Stallworth was how much they liked this kid.

Bitch: Heap for no TDs.

Bitch: Tynes for only a FG and an XP.

Bitch: Vick to Crumpler TD for my opponent, double the pleasure double the points.

Requests: Get Steve Smith healthy for Delhomme. Let the Jets play the Titans every week. Same for the 9ers and Arizona. Let Julius Jones keep his starting spot, and TB should start riding Caddy again. For the love of god, give Fitzgerald some of that TD lovin'.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Bitch: My first two draft picks, Peyton Manning and Chad Johnson both underperformed.

Bitch: My starting RBs this week were Mike Bell and Willie Parker.

Brag: I still have the most points of any team in the league at this point (although I don't have anyone playing tonight).

Brag: I have more then double the # of points that my opponent has so unless Santana Moss gets 300 yards recieving and 4 touchdowns tonight, I start the season 1-0.

/Edited out the BBV
Old 09-11-2006, 01:16 PM

Bitch: Two of my top three picks, Portis and Steve Smith, either didn't play or whose status was up in the air enough for me to bench them this week. Oh yeah, and starting Witten in place of Heath Miller.

Brag: Frank Gore filling in nicely, McNabb with a big game, and starting off 1-0 despite not getting anything from the guys above.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM

Bitch:

Delhome-slice didn't do a goddamned thing for me.

Bitch: picked up Grossman too late to put him in instead of Delhomme, and my other QB is Roethlisburger.

Bitch: Laveranues Coles would have gotten me more points than the two WRs I started in his place. I sat Hines Ward because of his injury. He got some solid points anyway. Roy Williams didn't do [censored]. Mushin Muhammed gives me hope though.

Bitch: Couldn't take the chance Portis wouldn't get any playing time tonight, so had to start McGahee instead.

Brag: Vinatieri got me a solid 15 points

That's about it. In other news, GO BEARS! Looked damn solid yesterday. Grossman to Berrian for 49yd TD looked very good. Is this the year Grossman does something? We'll see.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:30 PM

Bitch: 3 total points from 2 of my 3 receivers

Brag: Donovan, BAL defense, even Ronnie Brown got me 14 pts.

Have 11 pt lead going into tonight, with 3 guys still to play, including LT.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Brag: Frank Gore in the 7th round

Bitch: Playing Tenn D since they were up against the Jets
Old 09-11-2006, 11:07 PM

LT Touchdown just clinched the victory for me in 1 league which puts me at 1-0 in all 3 leagues I'm in.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 AM

Bitch: I got Lamont Jordan and he currently only has 2 points. I'm losing by 2 points. It was tied at the start of the game.

His QB - Aaron Brooks (4 points) vs my RB - Lamont Jordan (2 points).

So sad.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 AM

brag - i was leading by 8 and would have lost the tiebreaker, the guy i'm playing had jordan going. woo