Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Default kinda weird river decision 15/30

I have no reads as of yet,I had just sat down, so assume average players for this limit. I'm not saying the way I played it wasn't horrible. Whats the best way to handle this situation against competent players?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Limit: $15/$30
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Donger is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Donger raises</font>, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Donger checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Donger calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7BB, 3 players)
SB checks, Donger checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Donger calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Donger bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Donger folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 11BB
Old 10-07-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: kinda weird river decision 15/30

Donger - I'd bet the flop. 2nd choice would be to fold. 3rd choice would be to check-raise. Last choice would be to call. (Hard to say what effect that would have).

And then I'd bet the turn.

What to do on the river would depend on who my opponents were and what reads I got on the flop and turn. I would almost surely either bet or check/call.

I would probably not bet and then fold to a raise on the river. It's not so much for the current hand that I wouldn't do that. It's for all the future hands I'll play with anyone who might be watching how I play.

Buzz