Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Brandi out in 1st round HU

[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot to even post this. Did you actually see how the hand went down? I doubt it.
I raised pre flop. Was called. My opponent was a very poor/weak player and had been folding his small blinds to me. I flopped pair with nut flush draw. The guy bluffed out with nothing. I made a very nice size raise. He called. A 4 10 board. The next card that came off was a 2, giving me two pair. I put him all in. He had been playing 3 5 off suit.
Right now I have been getting cold decked. Am playing great but getting very unlucky. I can only hope that changes. And that you grow a life and find someone else to report on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd figure by now she'd know what the nuts looked like.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 PM

Look here, I'm not going to sit here and debate something with people who obviously are not very good h u players. I should not have even posted in the beginning. I was tired. Played until 6 am at Bellagio that night before event and booked a 7K win.

He had called me for a high percentage of his chips holding no outs besides a gut shot straight draw. He held no clubs. End of story.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look here, I'm not going to sit here and debate something with people who obviously are not very good h u players. I should not have even posted in the beginning. I was tired. Played until 6 am at Bellagio that night before event and booked a 7K win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think I should use Dermott Brereton or Robert Dipierdomenico as an avatar?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 AM

Brandi,

Why be upset? Everyone on this forum [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Brandi. You get more attention for less accomplishments than any poker player around. So... be happy that you get to play poker and tune out the noise. Focus on the game not the emotions...

Meditation FTW
Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look here, I'm not going to sit here and debate something with people who obviously are not very good h u players.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for any/all of your $207K roll?

Serious inquiry.

Also still interested in lie detector prop bet.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Brandi - you didn't seriously think that your previous HU game was limit when it was actually no limit... did you?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look here, I'm not going to sit here and debate something with people who obviously are not very good h u players.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for any/all of your $207K roll?

Serious inquiry.

Also still interested in lie detector prop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the detector is for, but I'd say she pass. It detects if the person hooked up THINKS it is the truth, not if it is.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He had called me for a high percentage of his chips holding no outs besides a gut shot straight draw. He held no clubs. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]
His call of the flop raise probably wasn't good. However, he was sort of priced in by the small raise. It is more common to raise big with pair plus flush draw, but the raise to 700 isn't really bad. His lead out was a bluff, and the call could be considered partly a float. He may have planned to make a move later in the right situation. It is common to criticize calls with nothing, but generally they mean a float.

Preflop was standard for both players despite the junk hands. I real raise or a complete for Brandi might be slightly better than the miniraise.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His call of the flop raise probably wasn't good. However, he was sort of priced in by the small raise. It is more common to raise big with pair plus flush draw, but the raise to 700 isn't really bad. His lead out was a bluff, and the call could be considered partly a float. He may have planned to make a move later in the right situation. It is common to criticize calls with nothing, but generally they mean a float.

Preflop was standard for both players despite the junk hands. I real raise or a complete for Brandi might be slightly better than the miniraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand, to the flop action, only makes sense if she thought she was playing minbet hold them.

Min-raise PF with 24s.

Min-bet flop with bottom pair on flush draw board.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand, to the flop action, only makes sense if she thought she was playing minbet hold them.

Min-raise PF with 24s.

Min-bet flop with bottom pair on flush draw board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand she had pair and flush draw on the flop. Her opponent bet 300 into a 400 pot and she raised to 700. She could have raised more, but it was not a minimum raise.
Closed Thread