Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Ultimatebet Rakeback Calculation Help

I have a ub account for more than 2 years and have no RB. I play now b/c of the cash for points promotion. I can create another ub account with rakeback in a site like raketherake.com right?

I have another question about the rake. This week I accumulated 1000 ultimatepoints, which meant I made 100 in bonus dollars, i also get 50 dollars for the cash for points promo which adds to 150 dollars for the week.

I play 50NL Full ring. Assuming my rb percentage is 30 percent and since they deduct 25 percent from the bonus, how much would i make in total assuming I accumulate 1000 ultimatepoints for the week like the situation i described at the beginning?

I used those rakeback calculators and saw that since I 4 table 50NL Full ring tables for 3 hrs per day, my 30 percent rakeback would be 14 dollars daily.

Since i play 3 hrs of 4 tabling 50UB, I make around 4 dollars/hr in bonus according to bonuswhores.com X 3 hours = 12 dollars. 12 dollars -25 percent of the 12 dollar bonus (3 dollars)= 9 dollars. Thus I would have made 14 dollars from rakeback and 9 dollars from UB bonus =23 dollars instead of just 12 dollars for the 3 hrs of 4 tabling 50NL Full ring for 3 hours if i had Rakeback? Am i correct in this calculation? If yes, does that mean i am losing 11 free dollars everyday b/c I don't have rakeback?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Ultimatebet Rakeback Calculation Help

[ QUOTE ]
I have a ub account for more than 2 years and have no RB. I play now b/c of the cash for points promotion. I can create another ub account with rakeback in a site like raketherake.com right?

I have another question about the rake. This week I accumulated 1000 ultimatepoints, which meant I made 100 in bonus dollars, i also get 50 dollars for the cash for points promo which adds to 150 dollars for the week.

I play 50NL Full ring. Assuming my rb percentage is 30 percent and since they deduct 25 percent from the bonus, how much would i make in total assuming I accumulate 1000 ultimatepoints for the week like the situation i described at the beginning?

I used those rakeback calculators and saw that since I 4 table 50NL Full ring tables for 3 hrs per day, my 30 percent rakeback would be 14 dollars daily.

Since i play 3 hrs of 4 tabling 50UB, I make around 4 dollars/hr in bonus according to bonuswhores.com X 3 hours = 12 dollars. 12 dollars -25 percent of the 12 dollar bonus (3 dollars)= 9 dollars. Thus I would have made 14 dollars from rakeback and 9 dollars from UB bonus =23 dollars instead of just 12 dollars for the 3 hrs of 4 tabling 50NL Full ring for 3 hours if i had Rakeback? Am i correct in this calculation? If yes, does that mean i am losing 11 free dollars everyday b/c I don't have rakeback?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee-zuz...I've read that post like 5 times, and it makes my head want to explode evey time. I think I finally got it, though, and the answer is: No.

First off, if you've got some numbers from your game play, why use BW's numbers? I find they're typically a little high, but on UB they're low...probably because the software plays so quickly.

Calculating deductions from an hourly rate can be a bit confusing, but what you've done is deducted your 25% directly from the RB, rather than from the MGR. Because the 25% comes off your MGR, and then your 30% RB is calculated from that, you only lose 25% * 30% of your bonus = 7.5%. Using the bonus and RB figures you've given, that means you're missing out on $14-$0.90=$13.10. I couldn't tell you how accurate those bonus or RB figures are...I play limit.

Hope that helped!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:18 PM

sorry for the confusion. I dont use any program to track my stats. I just see how many ultimatepoints i accumulate per hour. When i play 4 tables 50NL full ring, i make about 40 ultimatepoints X 3 hrs per day is 120 ultimatepoints.

Okay, so that means that I make 12 dollars a day from the bonus and make an additional 13.10 from rakeback which means I should be making 25.10 instead of 12.00 per day with rakeback? Just wanted to confirm.

Also, is there any chance where having rakeback can hurt you on UB where you would make more without rakeback if you play less?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry for the confusion. I dont use any program to track my stats. I just see how many ultimatepoints i accumulate per hour. When i play 4 tables 50NL full ring, i make about 40 ultimatepoints X 3 hrs per day is 120 ultimatepoints.

Okay, so that means that I make 12 dollars a day from the bonus and make an additional 13.10 from rakeback which means I should be making 25.10 instead of 12.00 per day with rakeback? Just wanted to confirm.

Also, is there any chance where having rakeback can hurt you on UB where you would make more without rakeback if you play less?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I really can't say how much you would make off of RB, as I don't play NL...I'm just going from your figures. What I CAN say is correct is that 25% of your bonus is deducted from your MGR, which effectively means that 7.5% of your bonus comes off your rakeback. This means that in your example, you would lose $3 from your MGR, or $0.90 from your RB.

As to it hurting you, absolutely not. I don't think it can on any site. If a site deducts bonuses, they are always deducted from your MGR, so the worst that could ever happens is that you end up with a zero or negative MGR, which means no rakeback for the month. Even that situation would never happen at UB, since they only deduct 25% of the bonus.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 PM

Can i use another example if i may? I once accumulated 2000 points in a week and therefore got 150 dollars for the cash promo and of course the 200 dollars for the bonus with the 2000 ultimatepoints.

During that week, i played 8 tables of 50NL 4hrs per day for the entire 7 weeks and the rakeback calculator showed my rakeback would have been 38 dollars per day. Is my first calculation right or 2nd calculation?

1. I accumulated around 2000 ultimatepoints at the time. When i did the formula you described with the 7.5 percent off bonus, i got 38*7.5percent = 2.85 as the amount deduced from the MGR. Thus I would have made 38 dollars bonus + an additional 35.15 rakeback per day for everyday for the entire 7 days.... which meant i lost 246.05 b/c I didn't have rakeback?

Or is it

2. Instead of just making 350 dollars off bonus and cash for promo, i would have made 150 from the points to cash promo and 246.05 for rakeback+bonus which equals 396.05 and so I lost 46.05 without rakeback?

Srry for using this complicated example b/c I did play this much in one week maybe a month ago and want to know if I did this calculation correct. thx.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What I CAN say is correct is that 25% of your bonus is deducted from your MGR, which effectively means that 7.5% of your bonus comes off your rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this isn't true anymore...UB has changed it. They now deduct from rakeback, not MGR. It sucks, but it's true. There have been several threads regarding this...I'll see if I can find a link.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:54 AM

Can't find the thread. My affiliate looked into this further and they did confirm that it is deducted from rakeback, not MGR. Maybe it is just for US players though, I dunno.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't find the thread. My affiliate looked into this further and they did confirm that it is deducted from rakeback, not MGR. Maybe it is just for US players though, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure this is only for US players. Also, are you sure that they deduct from RB, or is the change that they deduct 100% instead of 25% now, but still from the MGR? I don't think I've heard of a room deducting from RB before, but I could be wrong on that.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can i use another example if i may? I once accumulated 2000 points in a week and therefore got 150 dollars for the cash promo and of course the 200 dollars for the bonus with the 2000 ultimatepoints.

During that week, i played 8 tables of 50NL 4hrs per day for the entire 7 weeks and the rakeback calculator showed my rakeback would have been 38 dollars per day. Is my first calculation right or 2nd calculation?

1. I accumulated around 2000 ultimatepoints at the time. When i did the formula you described with the 7.5 percent off bonus, i got 38*7.5percent = 2.85 as the amount deduced from the MGR. Thus I would have made 38 dollars bonus + an additional 35.15 rakeback per day for everyday for the entire 7 days.... which meant i lost 246.05 b/c I didn't have rakeback?

Or is it

2. Instead of just making 350 dollars off bonus and cash for promo, i would have made 150 from the points to cash promo and 246.05 for rakeback+bonus which equals 396.05 and so I lost 46.05 without rakeback?

Srry for using this complicated example b/c I did play this much in one week maybe a month ago and want to know if I did this calculation correct. thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's neither one. In the first example, you've deducted 7.5% of the RB, when you should be deducting 7.5% of the bonus. The second example, well, I don't even know where to start.

Perhaps I'm not doing a very good job of explaining this. Let's just go back to the basics. Your bonus is your bonus, nothing is taken from that, obviously. Same with points for cash. Your share of the rake paid is your MGR...if you have rakeback, this is where your rakeback is calculated from. 25% of any bonus (not your points for cash) is deducted from your MGR, and then your RB is calculated from what is left, 30% being standard at UB I believe.

Now, to go back to your example, there are two ways to calculate this. If you use this figures from the rakeback calculator, they are estimating your MGR for the week at $887 (I worked backwards to get this...(38 * 7)/0.3). $887 - ($200 * 0.25) = $837 * 30% = $251. You missed out on $251 RB. Working the other way, 38 * 7 = $266 - ($200 * 0.075) = 251.

Geez, this all sounds way more complicated than it should be, but I don't know how to make it simple with the examples you gave me. The basic formula is to take your MGR, deduct 25% of any bonuses earned, then take 30% of what is left...that's your rakeback! Hopefully that makes sense.

Now, if you are American, this is all out the window, as Palomino suggested. They've changed how they're deducting the bonus, and I think they are deducting other fees as well.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What I CAN say is correct is that 25% of your bonus is deducted from your MGR, which effectively means that 7.5% of your bonus comes off your rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this isn't true anymore...UB has changed it. They now deduct from rakeback, not MGR. It sucks, but it's true. There have been several threads regarding this...I'll see if I can find a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we please get confirmation of this from a reliable affilate? It's my affiliate's understanding that UB is deducting 100% of bonus cleared from MGR and not 25% of bonus from rakeback.

I think you're [censored] looney if you really think they are deducting from rakeback.