Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: AA all in

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, this was originally a PLO question, but it was phrased so badly that we shunted it on to the beginner's forum. It's funny seeing people try to answer it for hold'em though.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was no way, based on the question as asked, to know it wasn't about hold'em, but yeah we're so dumb LOLZ. You crazy PLO guys really pulled a humdinger of a good one on us.

Did you hear the one about the hold'em guys trying to answer the PLO question?

Instant classic imo.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:02 PM

hahaha sry everyone my english suck it seems like nobody understood my question i m asking for PLO with AAxx do u go all in against 2 opponents and is this a winning play in the long run?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha sry everyone my english suck it seems like nobody understood my question i m asking for PLO with AAxx do u go all in against 2 opponents and is this a winning play in the long run?

[/ QUOTE ]

I misinterpreted your question to be "If 2 players are all-in in front of me, should I ever fold AA in a NLHE cash game?"

AA is about a 60% favorite vs 2 opponents all in preflop unless its up against another AA, but I thought you were wondering if you should go all in as "only" a 60% favorite? Actually, I thought it was a pretty silly question, but I tried to answer the obvious "yes" without being too critical.

I did not interpret it as "if two players limp should I always push AA preflop," because that seems even sillier than "should I ever fold AA if 2 players are all in preflop."

However, now that you have clarified that this is about PLO with AAxx, I should say that I have no idea what to do. My guess is that you have to find a PLO PokerStove equivalent and run the numbers to get your equity relative to your pot odds to decide if its +EV to call 2-all-ins preflop. And PLO High-Low Split probably has a lot different equity figures than PLO High depending on what your xx cards are.

I also ran an example on twodimes.net and found that AAxx isn't even the best hand in many cases.

cards %win %lose %tie EV
5s Ac Ad 2h 28.98 71.02 0.00 0.290
7s 6s 9h 8h 40.53 59.45 0.01 0.405
Qc Jc Tc Qd 30.47 69.52 0.01 0.305

lol, I don't really understand this game, but if I had 5s Ac Ad 2h and the other 2 players turned their cards face up and went all in preflop, but I had exactly 2:1 pot odds to call after the rake, then I'd fold because it'd be a -EV call. But in a real hand where you have to put people on a range of hands and act based on that range, I have no idea if you should call or fold with AAxx if xx are trash cards.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:34 PM

Isn't OP just asking if a player shoudl be willing to get all his money in PF with AA against multiple opponents? The answer is yes, you want as much money in the pot when you are good, and PF with Aces you are always good.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't OP just asking if a player shoudl be willing to get all his money in PF with AA against multiple opponents? The answer is yes, you want as much money in the pot when you are good, and PF with Aces you are always good.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's asking if it's always good to get all in preflop vs two opponents in pot limit Omaha with AAxx.