Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

[ QUOTE ]
Wow he looks so guilty

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, without footage of Seif when he's telling the truth, this really doesn't tell us much. He may naturally act a little shifty. Even if he's innocent, he's facing serious accusations and will be besmirched by all this. That could easily be why he's ill at ease.

He might have been in on it, but this vid doesn't tell us anything.

Ya'll don't realize how much preconceptions can load your perception of things, make a person read great meaning into frivolous mannerisms.

Flame on.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM

What I find intriguing is not if Seif looks innocent or not, but this statement:

this could occur on Pokerstars and Full Tilt

I thought it was a little against the rules to mention 'COMPETITORS', or is there an exception here?

Also note, the mention of these two sites yet he leaves out ULTIMATE BET. Or was that put in too for non-bias, but later edited out due to irony of the new owners?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of thing could happen at Poker Stars or Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why even try to drag the good names of legit poker rooms into this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because those sites implicitly allow for such conduct by using things like the KGC instead of having real forensic audits and investigations

their names are mud because they clearly support the crappy overseeing of the industry
Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Conclusion: Seif is nothing more than a paid shill for AP. He is on two-pronged spin mission. First, to cover himself, second, to cover AP. Hope what they are paying you is worth your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. He proved he has no problem with lying when he denied seeing clear evidence of cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament.

We know he lied because everyone with half a brain knows the tournament was rigged after watching a few hands from the PokerXFactor replay.

A tournament player with Seif's experience would KNOW it was rigged as well.

He sucks at being the spokesperson for Absolute.

Every time he opens his mouth he convinces me the CRIMINAL activities at AP are more widespread than anything discussed so far.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because those sites implicitly allow for such conduct by using things like the KGC instead of having real forensic audits and investigations

their names are mud because they clearly support the crappy overseeing of the industry

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on some of the posts I've read, I think there is a substantial amount of confusion regarding my statement about Stars and Full Tilt. This is either due to me failing to be clear and/or poor editing. I don't remember.

I stated that this type of thing could happen at Stars or Tilt, because it can. Let me be clear. I think, actually, I KNOW, that Stars and Tilt are run by very ethical, highly reputable people. I have tremendous respect for the management at both sites. I play on both sites.

Having said that, its virtually impossible to ensure, in a company that has hundreds if not thousands of previous and existing employees, consultants, programmers etc. and dozens and dozens of high level managers both past and present, that there will NEVER ever be a security breach. It's just impossible to ensure against it. The liklihood is very low and there are countless measures to prevent such a breach. But it's naive to say that it could never happen.

So, if there is a breach, does that make the whole company bad? Perhaps. I'm not sure of the answer at this point.

Could the Company rehabilitate itself though? What if it tossed out the offenders, made reparations, and tried to shore up security to the best of its abilities? I'm not stuggesting anything here. I'm just asking myself these questions at the moment and wanted to clear up this misunderstanding.

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

-- Mark Seif
Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on some of the posts I've read, I think there is a substantial amount of confusion regarding my statement about Stars and Full Tilt. This is either due to me failing to be clear and/or poor editing. I don't remember.

I stated that this type of thing could happen at Stars or Tilt, because it can. Let me be clear. I think, actually, I KNOW, that Stars and Tilt are run by very ethical, highly reputable people. I have tremendous respect for the management at both sites. I play on both sites.

Having said that, its virtually impossible to ensure, in a company that has hundreds if not thousands of previous and existing employees, consultants, programmers etc. and dozens and dozens of high level managers both past and present, that there will NEVER ever be a security breach. It's just impossible to ensure against it. The liklihood is very low and there are countless measures to prevent such a breach. But it's naive to say that it could never happen.

So, if there is a breach, does that make the whole company bad? Perhaps. I'm not sure of the answer at this point.

Could the Company rehabilitate itself though? What if it tossed out the offenders, made reparations, and tried to shore up security to the best of its abilities? I'm not stuggesting anything here. I'm just asking myself these questions at the moment and wanted to clear up this misunderstanding.

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

omg so you CAN see my hole cards?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:50 PM

wow nice first post, NOT
Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 PM

As described to me, the development process at Stars seems pretty infallible. Granted if a lot of people were in on it, it could happen. But a lone ranger-type of attack would not work there.

I don't know the process at FTP.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:47 PM

lol @ 2:00 "he didn't talk about any hole cards" then he chuckles...obv guilty

also, notice at the end his voice quiets when he tries to say he has nothing to do w/ this scandal etc...
Old 10-28-2007, 11:50 PM

Seif,

You are scum. Thats all
Closed Thread